Must be able to write code and perform application development using Microsoft Access 2010
Must be able to perform Web Development
- Performs defined tasks to monitor service delivery and maintains records of relevant information. Analyses service delivery records against agreed service levels on a regular basis to identify actions required to maintain or improve levels of service and initiates or reports these actions.
- Monitors supplier performance, collects performance data and investigates problems. Resolves or escalates problems. Maintains awareness of customer perception of performance thru formal surveys and/or informal communications.
- Monitors actions to investigate and resolve incidents and problems in systems and services.
- Contributes to the planning and implementation of maintenance and installation work. Identifies operational problems and contributes to their resolution. Provides appropriate information to specialists, users and managers.
- Maintains support processes and checks that all requests for support are dealt with according to agreed procedures. Uses management software and tools to investigate problems, collect performance statistics and create reports.
- Autonomy: Works under general direction within a clear framework of accountability. Substantial personal responsibility and autonomy. Plans own work, to meet given objectives and processes.
- Influence: Influences team, and specialist peers internally. Influences customers at account level and suppliers. Some responsibility for work of others and allocation of resources. Participates in external activities related to specialization. Decisions influence success of projects and team objectives.
- Complexity: Broad range of complex technical or professional work activities, in a variety of contexts.
- Operational Oversight: Meets the suppliers regularly to review performance and progress and checks invoices from suppliers to establish whether they are valid.
- Produces reports on defect/problem reporting data (e.g. data extracted from the configuration management system). Takes agreed actions relating to problem investigation and clearance within the allotted timescales.
- Provides information and advice, such as reporting on achievement of targets for incident control, in line with service level agreements.
- Analyses incidents and problems to show trends and potential problem areas, so that actions can be taken to minimize the occurrence of incidents and to improve the process of problem reporting, analysis and clearance. Assesses and reports the probable causes of incidents and consequences of existing problems and known defects.
- Uses the facilities of the tools and systems available to monitor and report on regular activities which are subject to Service Level Agreement (SLA) or Operational Level Agreement (OLA) such as job activity, transaction processing, network activity, database activity, etc. Understands the use of service delivery metrics. Monitors the levels of service achieved, keeping detailed and clear metrics, and records all deviations from service levels
- Uses sampling techniques, where appropriate, and statistical analysis to monitor irregular activities which are subject to SLA or OLA such as response times to service requests. Liaises with those responsible for problem management and/or incident management to analyze causes of deviation from expected achievement on a regular basis.
- Uses support tools to integrate and analyze basic information and present it in comparison to SLA requirements in a manageable and meaningful format. Ensures that variances against service levels are reported to relevant managers, while trying to resolve any conflict or contention for service. Ensures that the presentation of management information facilitates identification of potential issues, anomalies and exceptions relating to current and future service level requirements.
- Initiates action to maintain or improve levels of service within area of authority, recognizing issues that need to be referred to higher levels of management.
- Participates in analysis of customer satisfaction surveys and data. Supports and participates in regular review meetings between service providers and users.
- Makes proposals to management for changes and improvements to SLAs.
- Monitors progress of requests for support and ensures users and other interested parties are kept informed. Takes corrective action to avoid or minimize delays.
- Outsourced role responsibilities:
- Within own area of competence, provides correct responses to requests for support by means of, for example: Making system modifications, developing workarounds or site-specific enhancements, manipulating data, reconfiguring systems, changing operating procedures, training users or operations staff, producing additional documentation, or escalating requests to systems development staff or software suppliers. Ensures all work is carried out and documented in accordance with required standards, methods and procedures.
- Initiates speedy and permanent resolution to problems in systems and services, by coordinating the efforts of the resolution team or teams. Documents such incidents and problems within the configuration management defect/problem reporting system. Matches unresolved incidents against existing problems, known errors and other incidents
- Supervises all installation and maintenance work associated with the installation as a whole, including environmental and electrical services. Ensures that procedures are followed, particularly those relating to safety and security.
- Conducts investigations of operational problems, makes proposals for improvement, and implements them when appropriate. Participates in reviews of systems performance, provides advice, and assists specialists or other system or service providers to plan details of amendments and upgrades to systems
- Assists with the maintenance of all service level management tools and processes.
- Uses available software or specialist monitoring tools to maintain awareness and control of the hardware and software. Identifies and rectifies a broad range of operational exceptions and error conditions and deals sensibly and responsibly with unexpected or extraordinary events or incidents, as directed by Incident Management function. Where these actions necessitate modification, restriction or complete removal of resources or services available, communicates with users, specialists and others, using appropriate methods (e.g. single point of contact such as Service Desk), to inform and escalate if necessary.
- Responds to enquiries by users, specialists or others and is able to deal effectively with a broad range of problems of moderate complexity, only escalating those which need specialist or management attention.
- Initiates preventative measures, such as identifying and investigating suspect software and other components. Ensures that existing problems and known errors in systems and services being brought into operation are understood and managed in the same way as those arising from operational incidents. Monitors deviations from requirements of agreed internal and/or external levels of service, and takes appropriate action.
Minimum: Bachelor's Degree Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business Administration, Contract Administration, Finance, or other related field. Or equivalentrelevant technical or business work experience.
Preferred: Master's Degree Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business Administration, Contract Administration, Finance, or other related field. Or equivalentrelevant technical or business work experience.
Preferred: LSS Yellow Belt.
Candidate Background: Skills, Knowledge & Ability:
Proficient at Microsoft Office 2010
Capable of developing code within Microsoft Access 2010
Perform Web Development
Shows a systematic, analytical approach to problem solving.
Has good interpersonal skills and is confident in dealing with clients/users and suppliers. Excellent listening skills.
Above average verbal, written and presentation skills.
Above average proficiency using standard Office productivity applications pc-based analytical tools.
Possesses broad understanding of business and business skills.
Additional Role Requirements:
Foundation: Complete prescribed eLearning courses
Advanced: Service Mgmt level certification
- Applications (CRM, ERP concepts e.g. Siebel, Oracle, SAP
- Network Technologies (Routing technology conceptual level, network transmission, wireless, architectures, switching, security, VPN, Internet,
- Collaborative tools
- Contact/Call Centers
- Identity Management
- Client Devices (PC, handheld devices etc.)
Why build your career at Xerox?
Because every day you’ll work alongside people who are as passionate about new ideas, customer...