The successful candidate is an entry level divisional sales resource responsible for achieving sales objectives in assigned area which may include assisting several territory areas within a division/region through the development, maintenance, and enhancement of the business. These customers include oncologists, urologists, nurses, pharmacists, pharmacy and therapeutics groups, tumor boards, teaching institutions, hospitals and formulary committees. The role is responsible for ensuring customer’s clinical conviction in the product as well as guiding the customer through the logistics process and seeing the sale through to its conclusion.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Effectively communicate appropriate clinical, technical, therapeutic, disease state and product information to customers in order to successfully promote the appropriate on-label use of approved products within the territory.
• Utilize effective selling techniques and marketing strategies to create and expand demand for promoted product.
• Demonstrate business acumen and account management skills
• Develop and maintain strong territory/account business plans by analyzing the business and the competitive landscape. Grow business by leveraging plan.
• Manage promotional budget effectively in a compliant manner.
• Successfully manage simultaneous complex selling situations from enrollment to infusion.
• Develop and coordinate physician advocates for promoted oncology/urology products.
• Arrange and coordinate effective promotional and disease-state programs within assigned territory.
• Work as a resource for various oncology and urology organizations, teaching institutions, physicians, oncology nurses, pharmacy directors, therapeutic groups, etc.
• Collaborate effectively with internal and external resources in support of customer activity: Division Sales Manager and team, Nurse Educator, Strategic Customer Group partners, Regional Sales Director, and other Internal/External Partners such as Tech Ops Apheresis Nurse Specialists and Dendreon on Call in order to optimize resources and exceed customer expectations.
• Comply with all OIG/FDA and Corporate Policies and Procedures.
• Complete expense reports and other required administrative reports in compliance with Field Sales SOPs
• Manage internal and external partnerships that allow for product pull through.
• Attend training programs, conventions, and symposia.
• Bachelor's Degree required. Degree in scientific discipline preferred.
• Demonstrated sales ability/persuasiveness and tenacity. Ideal candidate possesses 1-2 years of successful business/technical product sales and/or pharmaceutical/medical device sales experience. Applied knowledge of Oncology or Urology therapeutic market a plus.
• Demonstrated ability to learn showing clinical aptitude and proficiency to appropriately challenge customers.
• Demonstrated project management skills with experience overseeing effective completion of complex projects, involving multiple steps. Project leadership associated with selling a complex product/service a strong plus.
• Capability to learn selling process associated with a buy-and-bill marketplace.
• Apply creativity to overcome barriers to access.
• Consistent track record of successfully achieving / exceeding sales targets, with demonstrated success in growing a territory’s business over time.
• Effective teamwork to collaborate and leverage all available resources within the division to achieve sales results.
• Ability to think, plan, and act strategically.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Willingness and ability to travel overnight for broad territory/divisional coverage and for company meetings required. Strong preference for candidates who are willing to relocate for a permanent territory role.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
May require up to 90% overnight travel
Dendreon Corporation is a biotechnology company whose mission is to target cancer and transform lives through the discovery, development and commercialization of novel therapeutics that harness the immune system to fight cancer. The Company applies its expertise in antigen identification, engineering, and cell processing, to produce active cellular immunotherapy product candidates designed to stimulate a cell-mediated immune response.