GP Strategies is an international performance improvement company providing a full spectrum of custom training, engineering, environmental and support services. Our clients range from Global 500 companies such as Chrysler, EDS, General Motors, IBM, Lockheed Martin, US Steel to government organizations such as Naval Undersea Warfare Center and NASA. We employ more than 2400 professionals who are the best in their fields.
GP’s Performance Readiness Group, is a leading provider of human and operational performances improvement solutions that help employers maximize the return on their investments in people, processes, technology, equipment, knowledge and customers and is currently looking for an Associate Instructional Designer to work in our Columbia, MD office.
Summary: Applies formalized educational processes to develop training programs for employees of industrial, commercial, or government organizations by performing the following duties and responsibilities:
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Analyze business needs and job roles
- Conduct task analysis and determine performance criteria
- Design and develop curriculums
- Identify and plan appropriate instructional design strategies and objectives based on analysis of tasks, learners, and subject matter
- Formulate teaching outline and determine instructional methods such as individual training, group instruction, lectures, demonstrations, conferences, meetings, and workshops
- Selects or develops teaching aids such as training handbooks, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, computer tutorials, and reference works
- Create adjunct online deliverables including product data sheets, comparison charts, e-mail blasts, course descriptions and web site copy
- Create face to face training materials
- Create print deliverables
- Direct personal development by actively identifiying new areas for one's own personal learning
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Instructional Design, instructional development or related field
- 1- 4 years related experience in instructional design or educational technology (prefer experience with interactive training projects)
- Exceptional writing skills
- Ability to take initiative
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously under aggressive deadlines
- Ability to incorporate the most effective, leading-edge instructional approaches in a cost effective manner
- Great attention to detail and a strong work ethic
- Experience working in a team-oriented setting
GP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
- Instructional Systems Design certifications - ASTD and or ISPI
- Experience with Design software and MS Office suite.
- Experience working with engineers and developers
GP Strategies Corporation
- 2 years ago - save job
Option Six wants to close the book -- the jargon-filled training manual, that is -- on boring educational materials. The company creates...