Duties And Responsibilities
& Minimum Requirements:
The Associate Law Librarian for Digital Initiatives is responsible for the development, implementation, maintenance, and advancement of digital projects and collections at Georgetown Law Library. Duties for which the incumbent is principally accountable include the following:
1) Analysis of digital project needs and soliciting digital project ideas from the Georgetown and library communities;
2) Development, coordination, and administration of independent and collaborative digital projects, including the Chesapeake Digital Preservation Group;
3) Creation of procedures, documentation, and workflow for digital projects;
4) Digitization of relevant materials and supervision of personnel involved in digitization;
5) Development of digital rights management policies;
6) Investigation, planning, and management of digital preservation, including format conversion or migration;
7) Education of the library staff and other constituencies on the library's digital projects and initiatives;
8) Participating in seeking and/or managing grant funding for digital initiatives; and
9) Participation in the development and execution of new and emerging Web archiving, digitization, and digital asset preservation initiatives.
Requirements: Master's Degree in Library Science. Ability to manager projects and accomplish goals; high level of proficiency with digitization equipment and software, the Internet and library-relevant information technology applications; strong interpersonal, organizational, and communications skills, and demonstrated effectiveness in communicating with technical and non-technical individuals; commitment to librarianship and to a superior level of service to faculty and students in an academic environment; demonstrated supervisory skills; an an ability to work independently and collaboratively.
Georgetown University - 21 months ago
Founded in 1789 by John Carroll, the nation's first Catholic bishop, Georgetown University is the oldest Catholic university in the US....