Job ID: 14375
Location: Basking Ridge, NJ -110
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Category: Manufacturing/Tech Ops
Department: Manufacturing - 1101
Celgene Corporation is committed to delivering innovative therapies designed to improve the lives of patients worldwide. We are a global biopharmaceutical company with operations in more than 70 countries that is helping to turn incurable cancers into chronic, manageable conditions. We are seeking talented professionals as we continue to grow and advance our efforts in oncology, hematology and immune and inflammatory disease. If you would like to join a company where you can make a difference, please consider the Celgene family.
Planner with at least 2 year experience in the Pharmaceutical Industry. Bachelors Degree in Business, APICS certification, or equivalent experience is required.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Analyze and balance critical global factory resources (equipment capacity, materials availability and man power) with customer demand, using MRP to determine global production requirements.
2. Develop, publish and monitor global production plans balancing inventory, resources and capacity, taking into account demand from all sources (i.e.: forecasts, sales orders, supplier managed inventories, stocking programs). This includes drug product and finished goods.
3. Manage the consolidation of global demand forecast requirements from regional Commercial Operations as well as clinical-IMSC demand requirements for assigned commercial products.
4. Work closely with factory and logistics colleagues to ensure that the production plan is achievable through use of capacity planning, level loading, etc.
5. Align production plans with short-term, long-term and strategic needs of Commercial Operations, Technical Operations, and Global Manufacturing. Also ensure production plans are aligned with the Finance’s budget forecasts/commitments and Finance/Treasury strategies.
6. Closely monitors demand forecasts versus actual sales and makes necessary adjustments to production plans in order to maintain inventory levels and customer service.
7. Prioritize product release of finished goods as necessary.
8. Responsible for analyzing global finished goods levels on a monthly basis, to ensure adherence to Sr. Management safety stock policies.
9. Gather timely and detailed data to support the Sales & Operations Compliance reports along with updated supply plan for monthly Sales & Operations Meetings.
10. Gather vital information for Business Reviews meeting along with the analysis of trends for assigned products/markets.
11. Manage the “inventory availability” process for new commercial SKUs for existing brands, and label/PI changes affecting existing or future inventories.
12. Participate on cross-functional meetings as subject matter expert as required.
13. Lead smaller change projects and/or assist manager with taking ownership of project management tasks within bigger projects
14. Upon special request, conduct one off analysis as requested by Senior Management for high level business decisions.
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
- Planner with a minimum of 2-3 years of pharmaceutical / process industry experience
- APICS certification is a plus
- Familiarity with Import and Export
- Experience in multiple manufacturing site and/or contract manufacturing environment desirable.
- Must have strong quantitative and reasoning skills, strong interpersonal and communication skills, be a team player and be willing to work in an environment where individual initiative, accountability to the team, and professional maturity are required.
- Detail analysis skills
- Must be able to work with limited day-to-day supervision.
- Strong PC experience, Microsoft Office Suite experience required including; Excel; Outlook; PowerPoint
- Oracle-Advance Supply Chain Planning (or SAP) experience required.
Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.
Employment applicants requiring immigration sponsorship must disclose, when initial application for employment is made, whether or not they are legally authorized to work in the U.S. and, if so, whether that authorization permits them to work in the job they seek. In no case should Celgene support of a potential employee’s temporary visa application be construed to guarantee success of that application or amend or otherwise invalidate the "at-will" employment relationship between the employee and Celgene.
Celgene - 17 months ago
Celgene is delivering innovative therapies to patients with unmet medical needs in cancer and inflammatory diseases.