Scientific and technological innovation is at the heart of bioMérieux's strategy. A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for more than 45 years, bioMérieux designs, develops, produces, and markets diagnostic systems for medical and industrial applications. bioMérieux's solutions (reagents, instruments, software, and services) are used to determine the source of disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety.
To fulfill its mission to improve public health worldwide, bioMérieux is present in more than 150 countries through 41 subsidiaries. Its world headquarters are located in the Lyon area in France.
We are committed to creating an optimal work environment that fosters teamwork, emphasizes training and offers international career development opportunities.
Working under the direction of the Production Manager, plan and direct the policies necessary to manufacture products per company requirements. Coordinate and organize 5S, Kaizan, autonomous teams and autoquality processes to make sure the Department uses these principals on an ongoing basis. Make sure customer demand is met and the quality policy is implemented. Maintain moral of the work force and address personnel issues. Interface with other departments to make sure product flow is consistent. Communicate with the Managers and Leads to ensure product flow is cohesive. Advise Manager of all issues that could effect or interrupt production flow. Be able to conduct and organize a team to take on special projects.
Co-decisions with Manager include:
Hiring, disciplinary action, expense authorization, performance appraisals, salary adjustments and setting priorities.
Hiring would include not only finding the correct technical capabilities but also the right attitude, fit and team member to make sure the team functions as a unit.
Problem solving, resolving personnel issues and production issues would be a major responsibility of this job.
Be proactive in implementing productivity and efficiency changes.
Oversee and make sure employee suggestion program is continuing.
Make sure 5S is implemented and continually used.
1. Department organization, standards and goals.
2. Develop team members and mentor Group Leads and Leads.
3. Write performance appraisals
4. Interface with other departments relative to production goals and priorities.
5. Excellent people skills.
6. Computer literate in Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
7. Organizational skills plus verbal and written communication skills.
8. Training skills and ability to analyze and problem solve.
9. Manage production floor.
10. Make sure daily APT meetings are taking place.
11. 5S continuous improvement
Reasonable, reliable attendance and punctuality is an essential job function required for this position.
1. Seven years of experience in FDA regulated Mfg. Environment plus a Bachelor degree with a min of 2 years Supervisor experience.
2. Knowledge of production methods and related business activity .
3. Knowledge of work team development.
4. Knowledge of legalities of supervising people.
5. Understanding of regulatory requirements FDA, OSHA.
6. Knowledge of company’s quality system.
8 Knowledge of handling and motivating people.
9. Computer literate of the IS system as well as software to evaluate the production flow.
10. Ability to set goals and evaluate the performance of the goals
11. Knowledge of how to implement efficiency improvements.
12. Good knowledge of manufacturing methods.
13. Delegation skills needed
14. Team organization skills and performance management experience.
15. Familiar with 5S, auto quality, Kaizan and autonomous teams.
"Equal opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V***
BioMérieux continues to solidify itself as a world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics.