Associate Manager of Operations, Packaging
This position is responsible for:
- Develops and manages budgets/projections and production standards for production area.
This position is accountable for performance and ongoing reporting to ensure that objectives are met.
- Effectively managing the production area (people, equipment and processes) to meet all operational goals and ensure customer service.
- Develops and implements solutions to resolve complex manufacturing issues.
- Clearly understands the regulatory environment and MJN policies for the operations and ensures production systems, documentation and processes are in compliance and provides resources to train and develop production staff on these areas.
- Creates, identifies and implements new and innovative solutions and technologies in support of improved safety, quality, customer service, GMP and continuous improvement and products on time.
- Obtains and allocates the necessary resources to meet short and long term unit/business objectives.
- Provides visible leadership and strives to be a role model to enhance employee safety and GMP compliance
- Develops leaders and builds a high performing, operation culture through utilization of a performance management process that sets expectations, ensures ongoing coaching/mentoring and assesses employee performances.
- Builds technical competencies within the production team, identifying and selecting new team members that support developing technological needs and by providing opportunity for knowledge acquisition and transfer of team members that support developing technological needs and by providing opportunity for knowledge acquisition and transfer within the team.
- Translates best practices between teams and throughout the facility.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing facility
- Experience working in powder and liquid processing and packaging of food products is preferred
- Experience using continuous improvement tools to drive significant business results in key metrics
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices
- Understanding of Environmental and Safety issues and regulations
- Experience with FDA regulated products
- Able to work a flexible work schedule including overtime and weekends as needed
29-May-2013, 3:36:03 PM