Want a company with a real vision?
Our people make the difference in our success. Our vision is to provide Total Lifetime care to every pet, every parent, every time. We can't achieve this vision without the right people - they make the difference in our business and our success. Every associate plays a role in achieving our success by focusing on our three strategic priorities - delighting our customers, growing pet services and operating excellence. Here at the Store Support Group, you could play a key role in supporting these strategic initiatives.
Today, PetSmart has over 1200 store locations, with many more scheduled to open soon. We continue to grow at our Corporate Headquarters which means great opportunities for a professional such as you!
Benefits of working with PetSmart
In addition to a competitive salary, PetSmart associates are eligible for health benefits, 401K options, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off, training and development, and an associate discount at all PetSmart stores!
PetSmart is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce, sustaining an inclusive and supportive work environment, and prohibiting harassment and discrimination in all aspects of employment. PetSmart participates in background, drug and E-Verify screenings as appropriate under Company policies and applicable law.
The Associate Marketing Manager, Services, will be responsible for managing strategic marketing initiatives, budgets and project timelines for PetSmart Services businesses. This individual will manage programs from inception through implementation and analysis. They will be responsible to ensure consistency and effectiveness of all Marketing efforts through communication and collaboration with multiple cross-functional teams including Services Operations, Marketing, Store Operations leadership, RVPs, and other field management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Managers programs from inception through implementation and ensure consistency and effectiveness through cross-functional leadership, results assessment and collaboration with Services partners.
• Initiates and analyzes consumer research and business metrics to identify and recommend marketing initiatives and business growth opportunities. Must be adept at using available data tools, such as customer satisfaction data, customer panel research (e.g., Communispace), and using social media comments to gain insight on customers and the business. Must be able to use these tools and resources to evaluate ongoing marketing efforts as well as maintaining knowledge of our customers, competitors and the business environment.
• Execute the strategic direction and establish appropriate priorities for projects critical to success. Executes with a sense of urgency and retail agility/flexibility, taking accountability for solid project planning and implementation.
• Demonstrates a sound understanding of various business areas and marketing tactics, in order to deliver optimal programs. Has ability to present information cross-functionally that is appropriately targeted to audience. Can gain the confidence of project stakeholders and serve as project champion, working across functions and business leadership levels.
• Develops and maintains strong working partnership with Services team to support annual business objectives and strategies for existing and potential new Services.
• Manages the development and execution of in-store promotions and works cross-functionally to provide business knowledge content for campaign initiatives, including CRM, paid search and Web site experience.
• Aligns work and initiatives with Marketing, Store Operations, Services Operations, and Field business teams, as appropriate. Must partner exceptionally well with the Services Operations teams and business leaders to meet sales and margin measurement goals.
• Analyzes and recaps marketing program results, learning and recommendations.
• Participates in business reviews and strategic planning.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelors degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related field (MBA desired). 2-5 years experience in a marketing organization developing and implementing marketing programs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Customer service orientation, strong verbal and written communication skills (including 2-up/2-down communication skills), highly collaborative work style and outstanding follow-up skills are essential.
• Strong relationship builder and communicator across the organization, including to Marketing Leadership, Services Operations and Field Leadership.
• Strong project management and time management skills. Must be able to simultaneously manage a large number of projects and priorities and keep them on track and on budget.
• Strong analytic and budget management skills. Ability to use customer and business data to effectively report marketing performance and identify new opportunities for growth.
• Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft software applications.
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS & COMPETENCIES:
• Operational Excellence
o Consistently identifies what is critical from what is important and sets priorities accordingly.
o Sets operational goals using effective planning and measurement tools.
o Successfully manages project budgets and timelines.
• Thinks Critically
o Consistently and continuously questions "how can we do this better?" and provides solid recommendations.
o Always looks for opportunities to gather and analyze relevant data, and does so in a timely manner to create solid, rigorous recommendations for solutions and actions.
• Fosters Collaboration
o Develops and maintains a solid understanding of the business as a system and seeks to actively collaborate with others.
o Can find common ground among diverse perspectives in order to drive business results. Maintains positive, ongoing relationships with other associates and various working groups, as appropriate to job role.
o Strong relationship builder across the organization.
• Exercises Good Judgment
o Consistently makes sound, timely decisions even under pressure or uncertain conditions.
o Uses good judgment by considering all relevant facts and perspectives.
o Knows when to shift decisions to another level. Knows when to communicate and align 2-up.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment are characteristic of those found in a typical office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable those with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Submit Resume | Use Our Resume Builder
Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend
Print Job Details
Want to create a job search agent ?
Job Cart Directions
Interested in more than one position? Great! Instead of submitting multiple resumes, when you find a position that interests you, all you need to do is click on ADD JOB TO CART. At the bottom of the screen, you will see the positions you have added to your cart. When you are done searching, click on CHECKOUT & SUBMIT RESUME. If you have changed your mind and want to remove a position, you will be able to on the Resume Submittal Form, or click on CLEAR CART to start over. You are limited to selecting up to 5 jobs per location.
Check out &
PetSmart - 17 months ago
PetSmart, Inc. is a specialty provider of products, services and solutions for the lifetime needs of pets. The Company has identified a...