The Associate Market Research Analyst supports the Market Research Manager and Analysts team with project support tasks, including: survey programming & QA, incentive fulfillment, online community member management, recruitment, and other project executional logistics. The MR Associate will also participate in ongoing tasks and occasional process improvement projects to support and improve departmental efficiency and effectiveness.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
- Research Project Support: Support Market Research Analysts & Managers with execution of primary market research projects. Example tasks may include:
- o Recruitment support (screening calls, interview scheduling, email confirmations)
- o Proofing, Programming, and Testing online surveys
- o Respondent incentive administration
- o Assisting w/research project respondent recruitment
- o Pulling data from completed surveys for Analysts
- o Coding open ended responses
- General Departmental Support: Participates in various ongoing tasks and occasional "side" projects to support and improve departmental efficiency and effectiveness. Example tasks may include:
- o Managing member questions/issues for online teacher research panel
- o Maintaining departmental internal websites - MI Central (stakeholder-facing) and Sharepoint (internal use) - uploading files, updating content, reorganizing, etc.
Skills & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 0-2 years professional experience in a corporate setting; project management experience desired; market research experience a plus.
- Strong attention to detail a must
- Fluency w/Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PPT)
- Experience designing, programming, analyzing primary market research instruments a plus (e.g. surveys, discussion guides, interview questionnaires, etc.) (either professional or academic experience)
- Experience w/market research software (survey management, statistical analysis) a plus (e.g. Qualtrics, Perseus, Survey Monkey, CheckBox, ConfirmIt, Vovici, SPSS) (either professional or academic experience)
- NOTE: For latter two "plus" requirements - experience is not an absolute prerequisite, but willingness and ability to learn quickly are a must
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify . All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt is a global learning company with the mission of changing people’s lives by fostering passionate, curious...