Media Storm- Associate Media Director|
The Associate Media Director will work with the Media Director to successfully manage the Planning department; define team strategy and long term goals; manage team development and processes; oversee client strategies and relationships across our diverse client base. In this position, you will be the primary point of contact for clients, contribute to the overall vision and education of the department and have a firm grasp of both strategic and functional media knowledge.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Oversee development of program strategies and analyses for clients (i.e. target audience recommendations, timing / scheduling strategy, etc.)
- Responsible for comprehensive management of assigned accounts within the Planning department; typically this includes the management of industry / category knowledge, media planning, negotiations / implementations and analysis
- Key contributor to strategic initiatives
- Articulates departmental and client view on media strategy tactics and execution
- Ensures that strategies align with client objectives
- Provide creative analysis and recommendations when appropriate to improve media performance
- Interpret results and ensure dialogue with client and internal team to optimize future objectives
- Serve as day-to-day contact with VP and Director level clients
- Maintain client contact to provide guidance in plan executions and identify issues
- Assume ownership of client questions and issues related to all media
- Manage and serve as resource for Planning team of Media Supervisors, Planners and Coordinators, which includes but is not limited to supervising employee performance and time management
- Work closely with account teams to ensure media plans are strategically aligned with other media elements as they relate to client needs
- Responsible for oversight of all media budgets per campaign / client
- Maintain substantial role in management of department resources across accounts
About Media Storm
- Bachelor Degree preferred.
- 6 + years of media strategic planning/buying at an agency experience required with 6+ years of management experience.
- In-depth understanding of media planning, strategy, negotiation, implementation and performance analysis.
- “Tune in” experience is not required, but preferred.
- Must have strong desire to learn / understand / “live” client-side of business.
- Knowledge of local, national and emerging media trends.
- Strong experience / familiarity with media research resources and capabilities.
- Computer skills required: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience with Strata Broadcast Systems strongly encouraged.
- Excellent communication, presentation, time management and problem solving skills.
- Ability to mentor junior staff and to train them in preparing, evaluating and implementing media plans and projects and delivering exceptional client service.
Media Storm is a strategic media agency providing innovative marketing solutions for clients in the entertainment industry. Through the creation of ad campaigns and the planning and execution of media strategies, Media Storm specializes in building audiences, acquiring customers, and driving traffic both online and off. Our client list boasts some of the most watched and acclaimed broadcast, cable, and film properties including FX, Food Network, Fox, NBC Universal, Showtime, and 20th Century Fox.
For additional information on Media Storm or our other divisions; The Water Cooler Group, Maude or Hip Genius; check us out at www.mediastorm.biz
Media Storm, LLC - 17 months ago
Founded in 2001 by cable and entertainment media veterans Craig Woerz and Tim Williams, Media Storm LLC (www.mediastorm.biz) Norwalk, Conn.,...