EURPAC SERVICE INC. is a growing sales, marketing, and logistics company serving the military market and civilian market. Our employee owners bring major brands to military and retail customers at bases and stores around the world. We are actively seeking qualified candidates in the Hampton Roads area who are interested in working for a world-class service provider.
Eurpac Home Entertainment offers complete service from the manufacturer’s back door to the cash register. EHE has global reach with distribution and retail representation in 19 nations in the Americas, Asia and Europe.
We are passionate about building our team and welcome energetic, passionate, entrepreneurial, dynamic and professional individuals who share in our commitment to excellence. We are proud of our 60+ years of growth and need to continue to strengthen our bench. EURPAC SERVICE INC. is an employee owned company offering world class employee benefits, competitive compensation and excellent training; go to http://www.eurpac.com for additional information.
As an Associate Merchandise Buyer, you will be responsible for working alongside our Merchandising and purchasing department in the planning and purchasing of PC software and accessory items for our customer base. This newly created position will help find ways to maximize sales and profitability through the development of business strategies and assortment plans.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage product selection and planning process for all accessory items
- Develop merchandise assortments by category and continually evaluate, analyze, and make adjustments as needed
- Build and maintain strong partnerships with customer and vendor community
- Research competitor websites for product offerings, pricing, promotions, etc.
- Ensure vendor compliance and adherence to quality and service standards
- Manage vendor performance to maximize profitability and achieve financial objectives
- Travel to different customer locations as needed, to obtain feedback and review product assortments
- Manage replenishment of products and ensure adequate stock levels are maintained
- Executes merchandise presentation direction via plan-o-gram process
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by Management
- Analyze and develop drop ship program with vendors where cost effective
- Assist in merchandising and fulfillment for Strategic Partner Programs
- Direct the distribution of goods to achieve store sales, stock turn, and gross margin goals across areas of responsibility.
- Ensures the company's commitment to be in stock on key items and replenished merchandise
- Executes new vendor and SKU set-ups
- Participates in Buyer/vendor meetings/shows to keep abreast of current market trends as well as the strategic goals for the department(s).
- Prepares inventory projections. Monitors sales, receipts, and markdowns and adjusts forecasts as appropriate.
- Ensures maximum warehouse/store stock levels for replenishable and advertised items. Determines stock levels for advertised items and ensure that basic stock levels are consistent with approved planograms and store sizes.
- Works under the supervision of the Director of Merchandising
Position will be located in Virginia Beach and candidates should live in the Hampton Roads area. Relocation assistance is not available.
- 5 plus years of buying experience in a similar industry
- Strong communication skills required
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment “ability to change a tire at 60 miles hour”
- Strong analytical and PC skills
- Acute problem solver and multi-tasker
- Flexible and nimble “think Gumby”
- Retail management experience considered a plus
- Deca, AAFES, or Nexcom experience is a plus.
- Military retirees, reservists, or dependents are encouraged to apply
EURPAC Service, Inc. maintains a drug-free workplace, and conducts pre-employment drug screening.
It is the policy and practice of Eurpac Service, Inc., to provide employment opportunities to all qualified persons on an equal basis. The Company will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or other protected status in any of the terms or conditions of employment.
Eurpac Service, Inc. - 16 months ago