Catalent Pharma Solutions (a Blackstone Group company) is a leading Drug Development, Advanced Delivery Technology and Supply partner to the global pharmaceutical industry. A Fortune 1000 company, with over 20 locations on 5 continents, we partner with 90 out of the top 100 pharmaceutical companies and 44 of the top 50 biotech firms, as well as thousands of small innovator companies.
SPECIFIC DUTIES, ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Under the supervision of other scientists, works on problems of limited scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates potential for technical proficiency and scientific creativity.
- Under the supervision of other scientists, carry out activities in support of the manufacturing of pharmaceutical products. These activities include compendial microbial testing of raw materials, in process materials, and finished products within scheduled timelines.
- Perform environmental sampling and testing.
- Perform USP water sampling and testing.
- Perform identification of microorganisms.
- Maintain notebooks within GMP standards and SOPs. Accurately report results, and provide detailed records of results and conclusions.
- Provides written and verbal updates on projects and activities as required.
- Is familiar with Quality Systems such as: Compliance Wire, Trackwise, Documentum.
- Assist other scientists, as necessary, for timely project completion and support other lab personnel as required.
- Comply with Health, Safety and Environmental responsibilities for the position.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- MS/BS Chemistry/Pharmacy or AA with equivalent experience
- 0 (MS) – 5 years applicable industry experience preferably in pharmaceutical microbiology
- Working knowledge and application of scientific principles and aseptic techniques.
- General knowledge of compendial microbiology requirements.
- Experience with computer software associated with word processing and spreadsheets.
- Mathematical and reasoning ability
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines. Individual may be required to sit stand, walk regularly and occasionally lift 0-15 pounds. Be accessible to laboratory and pilot plant area(s) and office staff and to use required office equipment. Specific vision requirements include reading of written documents and use of computer monitor screen frequently.
- Individual’s primary workstation is located in the laboratory area, where the noise level is low. Employee may be present on the manufacturing floor where the noise level is low to moderate.