Cambridge Healthtech Institute (CHI) is |
seeking an extremely organized Associate Producer (Project Manager, Administrative Assistant) to support one of our Conference Directors. This is a mid-level project management position for a detail-oriented team player with superior proofreading and communication skills and a background in life sciences.
Responsibilities: Each Associate Producer and Conference Director team works to create a dynamic set of conferences focused on R&D in the biotech and pharmaceutical sectors.
Initial duties include:
If you enjoy learning about new technologies and emerging science, and seek to leverage your scientific background in innovative ways, CHI and the associate producer position may be an excellent fit for you!
- Provide administrative assistance and project management support to the Conference Director
- Research scientific conference topics
- Build & maintain relationships with leading researchers in the biotech & pharmaceutical fields
- Manage speaker invitations and obtain speaker materials
- Compile, organize and proofread conference content, correspondence and related documentation
- Manage overlapping projects with meticulous attention to budget and competing deadlines
- Travel to and run conferences on-site
Desired Skills & Expertise:
To apply, please email your resume, cover letter and salary history/requirements to:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in life sciences (biology or biotechnology)
- 3-5 years of experience as a project manager or administrative assistant, preferably in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills and prior work with high-level scientists and/or executives
- Proficiency with Internet research, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
- Background in proofreading technical documents
- Ability and willingness to travel (5-6 trips annually)
- Strengths in scientific research and development, product and market analysis, and building client relationships