The Associate Product Manager is charged to help develop and grow CNBC’s portfolio of digital products. The Associate Product Manager must enjoy spending time in the market to understand customer needs, and help find innovative solutions for the broader market. Through market and customer insights as well as their industry experience, they will help improve CNBC offerings, enhance user experience, and increase usage. They must have a passion for creating a world-class user experience within the products they are working on.
The Associate Product Manager must be able to define & write product release requirements, conduct competitive benchmarking, leverage customer research & other data, write product solution whitepapers, and work with CNBC Product Managers to help define go-to-market strategies.
· Drive enhancements of CNBC Digital Products including:
o Benchmark industry best practices
o Collaborate with editorial team to anticipate upcoming content
o Define new product requirements and enhancements and drive their implementation; prioritize product bugs & issues for correction
o Monitor product key performance indicators, report on health of a given product against goals, and make recommendations for improvements.
o Focus on the tactical activities of adding new features to products (working with designers, project managers, developers, researchers, marketers etc.)
· Research emerging technologies and market dynamics to identify new business opportunities for the products
· Conduct competitive analyses of similar and potentially disruptive digital product offerings of other financial media companies
· Gather/collate/present customer feedback/voice of the customer on our existing and new products
o Via emails
o Customer care feedback
o Conduct one-on-one and group interviews
· Execute on go-to-market plans, working with other product managers & all supporting departments.
· Must have a Bachelor’s degree
· 3+ years of digital product management / software marketing experience, preferably in the financial markets or media industries
· Strong communication skills both verbal and written. The ability to break down a complex concept in a clear and concise manner to champion opportunity with team members
· Ability to produce accurate, timely and actionable research information
· Knowledge of web technologies such as HTML, ASP, ASPX, AJAX, Flash, and .NET a plus.
· Ideal candidate is resourceful, self-starting.
· Adaptability and ability to work in a fast-paced real-time environment with rapid changes in focus
· Interest and experience in finance/investing industry a plus.
· Knowledge and use of financial sites, online, mobile and watching financial news a plus
· Aggressive self-starter
· Collaborative / Ability to get along with others
· Outgoing & personable
We offer competitive pay and the professional advantages of an environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply to job
Save to cart
NBC Universal - 6 months ago