The Active Network, Inc. provides Software as a Service and marketing services to community service organizations worldwide and has earned a reputation as a leading online destination for active lifestyles, winning the best place to work in San Diego by the San Diego Business Journal. The company’s application services help organizations reduce the cost and complexity of managing the things people love, want, and need to do during their daily activities. The IT organization is committed to being a partner to the business with heavy focus on driving competitive value through the architecture, design, and operations; utilizing leading edge cloud based technologies and impeccable service.
The Associate Product Manager assists in the management of projects and initiatives related to the development, launch and maintenance of products within Active Network’s product lines. The scope of the position includes project coordination, gathering and prioritizing product/customer requirements for releases, and working closely with development, business, marketing & customer support to ensure schedules, revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met.
• Product Management
• Support product management throughout the software development life cycle, assisting with documentation, testing, reporting and maintenance.
• Coordinate with key stakeholders to define project requirements, working with the team to ensure requirements are launched according to specifications and on schedule.
• Create project overviews and business requirements documents to support client requirements.
• Assist the Product Manager in keeping the roadmap and other related documents up to date.
• Coordinate marketing planning of new products and enhancements to current product(s)
• Assist in creation and follow through of launch planning activities to ensure new product and maintenance/enhancement releases are communicated and launched successfully.
• Provide support work required for business case development.
• Develop materials to support Sales & Marketing teams.
• Compile reports, coordinate schedules, manage meetings, and identify and resolve issues as they arise.
• Perform other related duties as required or assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Business, Computer Science), or comparable work experience
Requirements (Experience & Qualifications)
• 3-5 years’ experience working in office environment
• Ability to collaborate and communicate with different personality types and roles (e.g., development, sales, support, customer) effectively and build strong relationships
• Knowledge of MS Word, MS Windows, PowerPoint, and Internet.
• Excellent analytical and written skills.
• Strong work ethic, commitment, persistence and determination.
• Thrive on change and challenge; Ability to multi-task and shift focus to match changing priorities.
• High energy level and highly motivated – can-do attitude.
• Proactive and accustomed to taking the initiative.
• Detail-oriented with high personal standards.
• Ability to learn very quickly
• Solid understanding of business processes
Desired Experience & Qualities
• 2-3 years’ experience in coordination/project mgmt capacity in a Product Management, Project Management, Marketing, Customer Support, or Professional Services organization.
• Experience with project management tools and techniques
• Experience and/or good domain knowledge in Sports market
• Knowledge of Active’s Sports products (Endurance, Team Sports, Swimming)
The Active Network, Inc - 18 months ago