This position will be primarily responsible for supporting the manufacturing organization. The candidate will possess excellent troubleshooting skills and have the ability to work well as a member of a team under time constraints.
1. Specify, develop and validate mechanical systems and components.
2. Perform root cause failure analysis on mechanical systems and components.
3. Analyze reliability and durability problems with systems or components and initiate corrective actions.
4. Prepare and release engineering technical documents.
5. Provide product technical support to suppliers, customers and other departments.
6. Identify and develop cost reductions and other product improvements.
7. Prepare and present product budgets, schedules and technical status reports.
8. Conduct product development meetings with team members and suppliers.
9. Design experiments and specify facilities to characterize components and systems as well as to develop reliability.
10. Assist in providing strategic direction for Allison Transmission design and reliability initiatives.
11. Analysis of transmission designs for hydraulic, mechanical and electrical failure modes.
12. Oversee the implementation of the above specifications either through direct implementation, or through the engineering group.
13. Maintain all required documentation.
14. Travel Required:
BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience required.
1. Proficiency in written and spoken English required.
2. Experience using MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project) required.
3. Planning and organizational skills required.
4. Expertise in mechanical systems development and design is required.
5. Experience developing and debugging powertrain systems or hardware required.
6. Ability to analyze and understand mechanical and electrical systems and interactions, with a focus on failure modes required.
7. Ability to communicate highly technical issues for non-technical audience required.
8. Use of engineering design and development tools required.
9. Documentation of Failure Modes in an industry standard DFMEA format required.
10. Ability to travel 5 years experience in vehicle component or system engineering preferred.
2. Mechanical aptitude or background knowledge of automatic transmissions.
3. Experience in technical group leadership preferred.
Allison Transmission, Inc. - 20 months ago