The Associate Professor provides excellent teaching and research mentoring to master's and doctoral students for the Department of Conflict Analysis and Resolution. An Associate Professor follows the core values of the Department, School, Division and University that promotes a strong learner-centered environment. An Associate Professor values the program's dedication to quality teaching, research, and service for inclusive excellence.
Essential Job Functions:
1.Providing professional competent instruction and advisement.
2. Teach required and elective courses.
3. Creating academic standards and curriculum
4. Evaluating students fairly on the basis of academic performance (e.g., rubrics).
5. Encourage free and open discussion, inquiry, and expression by students.
6. Participate in departmental meetings and University committees.
7. Research, writing, thesis and dissertation supervision.
8. Publications in refereed journals and authorship of books and/or book chapters.
9. Submission of grant and contract applications.
10. Juried presentations at professional meetings or public forums.
11. Membership in a national professional association within conflict resolution.
12. Perform other duties assigned by the Dean or Chair.
Marginal Job Functions:
1. Commitment to collaboration with students, faculty and administrators.
2. Develop community partnerships.
3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
4. Strong presentation skills.
5. Personal qualities of integrity.
6. Collegial relations.
7. Sound judgment.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Major (if required):
Conflict resolution or related field
1. Doctoral degree must be earned or conferred by date of hire.
2. Background, research in dispute resolution practice, teaching, and supervision.
3. Research background in qualitative and/or quantitative methodologies.
Is this a safety sensitive position (are applicants potentially subject to drug testing)?
Does this position require a criminal background screening?
Nova Southeastern University - 7 months ago
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) gives a whole new meaning to "school of sharks." NSU, whose mascot is the deep sea predator,...