Position: Assistant Program Director
Program: International Children's Services –San Antonio
Reports to: Program Director
Status: Full Time Exempt
Pay Grade: 11
Supervises: Shelter Supervisor, Shift Manager and Direct Care Staff
1. Provide consultation, feedback, evaluation, motivation and direction to staff.
2. Ensures compliance with contractor standards, state licensing requirements, regulating/accrediting bodies and BCFS policies/procedures.
3. Responsible for interviewing, hiring, terminating and staff disciplinary action for positions supervised and /or designated by Senior Program Director.
4. Ensures that all staff documentation is completed appropriately and in a timely manner.
5. Ensures that all staff are current on training requirements for DFPS State Licensing, contractor policies and procedures and BCFS policies and procedures.
6. Assists in conducting staff meetings and communicates with staff on regular basis.
7. Provides and/or coordinates orientation and training for all employees in accordance to contractor standards, state licensing requirements, regulating/accrediting bodies and BCFS policies/procedures.
8. Completes and maintains monthly training schedules for all staff, particularly direct care staff
9. Participates and assists in in-service training.
10. Responsible for timely completion of assignments and adapts schedule to changing workloads to include work in evenings, weekends and holidays when necessary.
11. Supervise, facilitate and participate in the resident assessment and admission process when necessary.
12. Monitors medication administration to ensure that proper protocol is followed.
13. Develops Corrective Action Plan for any identified areas of service as assigned by Senior Program Director or Executive Director.
14. Supervises and monitors delivery of quality therapeutic services to clients/residents.
15. Responsible for the analysis of the nature, severity and frequency of risks.
16. Assists in the agency Quality Assurance Program.
17. Monitors program through frequent observation and valuation of programs services, building, grounds, equipment, staff, clients, vehicles, etc.
18. Responds to outside requests for persons authorized to receive information regarding the residents.
19. Provides and/or supervises crisis intervention in crisis situations as needed (assisting with a combative client, potential suicide attempt, runaway, angry family, etc.).
20. Serves on internal and external committees with approval from Senior Program Director or as assigned by the Executive Director.
21. Participates in on-call for the shelter programs.
22. Prepare and maintain department reports as assigned.
23. Facilitate and/or supervises appropriate programming treatment and discharge planning.
24. Develops and maintains effective working relationship between personnel and/or o
BCFS - 12 months ago
BCFS is a global health and human services non-profit organization with locations and programs in the United States as well as Eastern...