Under limited supervision, administers the overall operations of the records office, including areas such as management of student records, official and unofficial transcripts, grade petitions, graduation process, monitoring academic guidelines, degree audit reporting system, and related matters. Ensures compliance with Family Rights and Privacy Act and all other applicable laws and regulations.
Associate’s degree with 1 year experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Prior work experience may offset the degree requirement provided a detailed listing of prior experience is submitted to and approved by the corporate EVP of Human Resources.
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
- Ability to supervise and train staff, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Knowledge of accreditation and certification requirements and standards.
- Knowledge of the rules, regulations, and laws regarding student records.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
- Knowledge of computerized student information systems.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Employee development and performance management skills.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Knowledge of academic standards governing student probation, suspension, and/or expulsion.
- Knowledge of faculty and/or staff hiring procedures.
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
- Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
Education Corporation of America - 2 years ago
Education Corporation of America® owns and operates private accredited colleges across the United States as well as via the Internet...