Research Management Services
Research Management Services is a fast-paced, deadline-driven, dynamic, customer-service-oriented environment. Supervised by the Team Manager, the Associate Research Services Coordinators (ARSCs) provide support to 6-7 Research Services Coordinators (RSCs) and 1 Team Manager.
The Associate Research Services Coordinator (RSC) is responsible for independently gathering, following-up on proposal materials with the Principal Investigator (PI), project collaborators and subcontractors as assigned (biosketches, other support, effort and salary information), starting the stages of application preparation, and compiling final documents (includes proper formatting, page limits, updated forms, and ensuring that all components are in order) for proposal submission. This position will monitor award, report and proposal milestones for RSCs and PIs and assist in drafting correspondence such as No Cost Extensions (NCEs), carry-forward requests, and other post award correspondence as assigned by the RSC. This position will develop preliminary budget information for proposals and be familiar with the rules and regulations for federal proposals. The Associate RSCs will also proactively manage and maintain the electronic document management for the team. The incumbent will also perform other related duties.
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences.
• BA/BS and minimum of one to two years’ experience in a position with relevant research administration duties or equivalent combination of education and experience;
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills;
• Proficient skills in using applications such as Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat;
• Proficiency in web-based proposal management systems such as Cayuse, Proposal Central, Proposal Express, Community of Science, NIH eRA Commons, and PeopleSoft;
• Ability to prioritize and organize work; exceptional multitasking skills;
• Strong time management skills and ability to work in a deadline-driven environment;
• Good customer service skills, ability to interface with various levels of faculty, staff, departments, external collaborators and funding agency personnel;
• Ability to research university/sponsor resources for information supporting the application process;
• Ability to work in a team environment;
• Ability to work independently and proactively take initiative;
• General knowledge and ability to comprehend funding opportunities.
Physical Demands: requires sitting, standing, walking, squatting, bending, waist twisting, kneeling, climbing stairs, reaching above/below shoulder height, lifting/carrying/pushing /pulling up to 20 lbs., simple grasp, and repetitive hand/arm use.
Note: Fingerprinting and background check required.
• Experience with financial budget development, purchasing and reimbursement processes at UCSF.