Job Title: Associate Risk Analyst
Reports To: Investment Risk Officer
Department: Office of the CIO
Salary: $63,252.80/annual with eligibility to participate in Incentive Comp Program
FLSA Status: Exempt
Number of Openings: 1
Accepting Applications: 1/3/13 until filled
Summary: Working under the direct supervision of the Risk Officer and with other members of OPERS investment and non-investment groups, the Associate Risk Analyst will assist in the implementation of a comprehensive investment risk oversight function. Responsibilities include development and production of portfolio and fund-level, risk oriented reporting and analysis and participation in the investment risk governance process. This position serves as a back-up for the other Risk Analyst(s).
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assist in the oversight of the management of market, credit, counterparty, operational, reputation and other investment related risks. Participate in processes and procedures of reviewing, discussing and prioritizing risks in each major category.
2. Develop and report risk metrics to monitor assigned portfolios including equity, fixed income, derivatives, and alternatives.
3. Develop and produce portfolio and fund level reports on the use of derivatives including futures, forwards, options and swaps. Participate in the oversight of derivatives activities including internal operations and by external managers in coordination with appropriate staff.
4. Assist in the analysis, administration and management of broker-dealer and counterparty relationships and exposures.
5. Assist in the implementation of a comprehensive risk oversight program to identify, assess, manage and report investment related risks.
6. Prepare periodic reports for senior management and the OPERS Board to review investment related risks and make recommendations, as appropriate.
7. Develop and maintain knowledge of applicable third-party investment software applications and other data sources including Bloomberg, Barra, and Point.
8. Implement and utilize risk management tools and capabilities. Recommend improvements and implement approved solutions.
9. Support various risk-related committees, and perform administrative tasks.
10. Provide back-up for other Risk Analyst(s). Coordinate with other analyst(s) to maintain procedural documentation for reports and other responsibilities.
11. Maintain a customer service oriented work approach towards internal and external customers.
12. Other duties may be asigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in Business, Finance, Economics, Mathematics, or Accounting.
Minimum 1 year experience in capital markets, investment management or financial services industries or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
Advanced knowledge of MS Windows operating system
Intermediate to advanced MS Word; MS Excel and MS Outlook: MS PowerPoint.
Candidate should possess ability to learn and utilize technology systems such as Bloomberg, Barra, Barclays Point and Eagle Pace.
Strong keyboarding skills required.
Certificates and Licenses:
Within six months of hire, the candidate must meet the eligibility requirements to be licensed as a State Retirement System Investment Officer (SRSIO), which requires either:
1. Having achieved a passing scored on one of the following:
a. Series 63 exam administered by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA)
b. Series 65
c. Series 66
d. Level One of the Chartered Financial Analyst designation (CFA), or
2. Earning and being in good standing with the organization that issues any of the following credentials:
b. Chartered Financial Consultant,
c. Chartered Investment Counselor
d. Certified Public Accountant CPA) with a personal financial specialist designation
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, skills and responsibilities required.
OPERS - 23 months ago