Valero Energy Corporation is a Fortune 500 company based in San Antonio, Texas, and through its subsidiaries is the world’s largest independent petroleum refiner and marketer. Valero supplies fuel and products that improve people’s lives with 16 refineries and 10 ethanol plants stretching from the U.S. West and Gulf coasts to Canada, United Kingdom, and the Caribbean. Well-positioned pipelines and terminals allow Valero to deliver premium-quality clean fuels quickly, responsibly, and efficiently. Our diversified product slate supports dozens of industries, from health care and plastics to transportation, beauty products, and manufacturing.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team.
Responsible for providing management/support/configuration of the TIS (Tank Information System), as well as servers and software applications such as VTDC’s OMNI Report server, SCADA system SQL Report Services, SCADA system Web portal server, distribute PI’s data to user via intranet and maintain SCADA server SQL Database. Performs technical analyses of software, hardware and transmission facilities using various diagnostic tools in support of efficient SCADA system operations. Knowledge of SCADA instrumentations such as Pressure Transmitter, Temperature Transmitter, Differential Transmitter, Omni Flow Computer, Multiline Monitoring system and various of communication equipment for Oil and Gas business. Responsible for integrating, commissioning new SCADA system including FAT, SAT and QAT. Follow safety rule and regulation of Valero Energy Corporation as required.
• Run configuration software and set-up operating parameters.
• Read and understand technical documentation.
• Responsible for analyzing and programming the SCADA network to include Host Communication Processor (HCP), Cimplicity HMI server, Cimplicity HMI client, Communication director, Programmable Logic Controller (PLC), and the Omni Flow Compute.
• Setup the Human Machine Interface (Cimplicity Plant Edition) to include creating I/O list, polling engine, Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs), and the layout SQL database.
• Support existing SCADA connections.
• Interface with users and assist with technical training.
POSITION LEVEL AND SALARY WILL BE COMMENSURATE WITH QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors Degree in a computer related field preferred.
- Required annually to complete the Pipeline Training and Assessment Program (PTAP) through NCCER in order to qualify in network design and configuration, database design and configuration, Human Machine Interface (HMI) design and configuration, Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) design and configuration.
- One year of directly related field experience with Visual Basic, C or Pascal programming languages, network equipment such as routers and switches is preferred.
- One year of IT experience covering Microsoft Office products, relational databases, Windows XP/7, and/or direct computing support activities including knowledge of equipment, and application software is preferred.
- Electronic and/or electrical knowledge is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal required.
- Strong people skills required to work with employees and customers in the field. Some travel is required.
Valero is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Valero - 16 months ago
Valero Energy Corporation, through its subsidiaries, is an international manufacturer and marketer of transportation fuels, other...