Schedules deliveries via barges, pipelines, and other distribution methods, issues movement orders, and maintains inventory positions for assigned areas by balancing market demand and sales with available supply.
- Schedules product movements via barge, pipeline, truck, or other method, and ensures correct type and quantity of product and timing of load/unload activity.
- Coordinates loading schedules of pipelines and docks.
- Adjusts scheduled moves as necessary due to problems and/or emergencies.
- Issues movement orders (nominations) daily.
- Coordinates with others (Traders, refinery personnel, third party terminals, marine transportation, Wholesale Marketing Sales Representatives and Managers, Wholesale Pricers, Accounting, etc.) to ensure information and products are passed to the appropriate parties in a timely manner.
- Communicates with Credit Department to ensure all customers have a proper line of credit, and adjusts scheduled moves as needed if insufficient credit.
- Coordinate with Traders to balance specific product quantities with sales on the open market and determine appropriate modes of transportation based on costs.
- Coordinates with Wholesale Marketing Sales Reps to balance market demand with available supply by managing customer allocations for assigned area and controlling allocations in DTN/TABS system.
- Ensures the terminals stay supplied and contracts can be filled by maintaining appropriate inventory positions and monitoring wholesale forecasts and production schedules.
- Handles all customer orders for products assigned to group, ensuring proper transportation is set-up and product specifications are met.
- Plans and completes the conversion of product specifications between seasons by location/product/tank.
- Ensures accuracy of all contracts by entering all trade deals into scheduling database and monitoring movement orders in SAP systems.
- Updates daily inventory, production, and shipment records for products in SAP and Excel, and projects product availability or shortages. Maintains the most up-to-date information in the Stock Projection Worksheet (SPW) application of SAP to properly reflect current and future inventories and accrue related costs.
- Maintains terminals and pipeline status reports.
- Must be available to manage assigned transportation operations 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including holidays.
- Occasional travel as business need deems necessary.
POSITION LEVEL AND SALARY WILL COMMENSURATE WITH QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 3 years professional level accounting, business analysis, or directly related experience in a refining or related industry
Valero Energy Corporation is a Fortune 500 company based in San Antonio, Texas, and through its subsidiaries is the world’s largest independent petroleum refiner and marketer. Valero supplies fuel and products that improve people’s lives with 16 refineries and 10 ethanol plants stretching from the U.S. West and Gulf coasts to Canada, United Kingdom, and the Caribbean. Well-positioned pipelines and terminals allow Valero to deliver premium-quality clean fuels quickly, responsibly, and efficiently. Our diversified product slate supports dozens of industries, from health care and plastics to transportation, beauty products, and manufacturing.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team.
Valero is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Valero - 6 months ago
Valero Energy was not only named after a mission (the Mission San Antonio de Valero), it is on a mission to be the largest independent...