MRIGlobal currently has an exciting opportunity for an Associate Scientist in our Biosurveillance Division at our Palm Bay, Florida location. With minimal supervision, this position will perform technically based tasks and laboratory experimentation according to established protocols and SOPS. The position will report to the Laboratory Manager.
- B.S. degree in biology, microbiology, molecular biology, biochemistry or equivalent plus a minimum of 3 years of laboratory experience or a M.S. degree in biology, microbiology, molecular biology, biochemistry or equivalent.
- At least two years’ experience performing nucleic acid extractions and developing/performing traditional and real-time PCR assays required.
- Experience with ABI 7500, BioRad CFX96, or comparable instrumentation preferred.
- Experience developing immuno-based assays.
- Experience in BSL-2 and BSL-3 Laboratory environment.
- Experienced with microbiological techniques with an emphasis on bacteriology and virology.
- Experience with molecular cloning and related techniques
- Experience working within an ISO9001compliant environment.
- Ability to contribute technical knowledge to develop test plans, experimental designs, and analytical methods.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to work independently, design experiments, and analyze data
- PC skills and ability to learn new software and systems. Ability to prepare figures for reports and presentations.
- Maintain laboratory notebook and prepare raw data for submission to supervisor.
- Ability to effectively communicate and perform multiple tasks simultaneously, well organized, analytical, and flexible to adjust to priorities.
- Ability to draft reports for small projects or projects requiring routine analysis and testing.
- Ability to train technicians and entry-level staff on analytical procedures and testing.
- Develop SOPs and implement assays according to quality standards.
- Work in the laboratories will require training, ability to pass physical exams and participation in vaccination programs.
The candidate must also pass government background investigations. In order to meet the government security investigation requirements, U.S. citizenship is a prerequisite.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
MRIGlobal - 15 days ago
copy to clipboard -
Founded in 1944, our company has built a reputation for innovation, technical excellence, and problem solving.
Born out of the desire to...