The Associate Scientist’s p rimary duties include developing basic and applied encapsulation technologies and chemistry research. Their work will relate to the development of products that aid animal nutrition and health.
- Perform basic and applied encapsulation technology in a research and team environment.
- Perform experiments to measure encapsulation effectiveness and application to liquids or solid state materials.
- Identify, develop and implement new analytical methods for the purpose of quality production.
- Characterize encapsulated materials to ensure integrity and product performance characterization.
- Design experiments and be involved in the product innovation process.
- Prepare written and oral research presentations.
- Maintain detailed lab notebooks.
- General lab maintenance.
DECISION MAKING & FREEDOM TO ACT: Kemin believes in allowing its employees the freedom to make decisions and action them in accordance with their ability and level of reporting.
- BS or BA in science/engineering with 3-5 years of hands-on laboratory and scale-up research experience required in encapsulation technologies required.
- Basic understanding of lab techniques including: UV-VIS, pH measurements, colorimetric assays, particle size measurement, particle release characteristics and understanding of quantification methodologies for particles and release of analytes.
- Solve problems and troubleshoot in novel, creative and effective ways when conducting experiments.
- Basic computer skills - Experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is required
- Understanding of lab procedures and safety.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- The successful candidate must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, effective written and verbal communication skills, initiative, great attention to detail, solid problem solving skills, and be
motivated by accomplishment.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The Associate Scientist is based at Kemin Animal Nutrition and Health North America headquarters in Des Moines, Iowa. The position is considered 40 hours per week
but requires flexibility.
KEMIN IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER