North American Biomedical Research Center (NABRC) is a cancer drug discovery company discovering and developing innovative peptide and small molecule therapeutics. Using novel discovery platform, NABRC is building a strong pipeline of anti-cancer drug candidates.
The Position: We are currently seeking an innovative scientist to join our Drug discovery team. This individual will play an important role in discovering the mechanisms of new candidate peptide and small molecule drugs for cancer therapeutics. He/she will be responsible for leading discovery projects that utilize cell-based and in vivo screening (tumor xenograft) platforms as well as moving projects from assay development and screening through lead validation into preclinical studies. This individual will contribute to animal studies aimed at determining the therapeutic efficacy and mechanisms of action of lead candidates.
Requirements: Education and experience -
Must have a Ph.D. in a biological discipline. Minimum post-doctoral experience in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical setting is strongly preferred. The ideal candidate will have expertise and hands-on experience in cell biology, strong understanding of cell-based models of disease, willingness to explore and develop new assay technologies, and experience leading successful drug discovery projects. Additional experience with in vivo pharmacology is a plus. He/she will have a proven track record of scientific and technological innovation, a significant reputation as an outstanding scientist in his/her field, and an eagerness to work as part of a fast-moving and highly collaborative team discovering new therapeutics.
1. Extensive experience in molecular biology, biochemistry, cell biology and cell-based assays is required. Cell culture experience should include both cell lines and primary cells. Experience with manipulating or engineering target function in cells (knockdowns, over expression and activity detection) is a plus.
2. Experience in a variety of assay technologies is required and experience using laboratory robotics is preferred. Specific experience with signal transduction and phosphoprotein analysis, microscopy/immunocytochemistry, flow cytochemistry/FACS, qPCR, Western blotting and immunohistochemistry is preferred.
3. Drug discovery experience is strongly preferred and specific experience in protein therapeutics is a plus.
4. Hands-on experience with in vivo pharmacology models and experience with tissue dissection and isolation of primary cells is preferred.
5. Should be able to design and perform drug testing in tumor xenograft models of mice.
6. Successful candidate will have strong intuition, excellent experimental design skills and excellent data analysis skills. Experience working with large datasets is a plus.
7. Outstanding communication, presentation, project leadership, and collaboration skills are required.
8. Successful candidate will be a self-starter and enjoy working as a member of a fast-paced multidisciplinary team. Send three references.