At Agensys, we're changing tomorrow by moving oncology forward. We've developed a pipeline of novel therapeutic fully human monoclonal antibodies (MAbs) to treat solid tumors based on our own proprietary targets. We have discovered and validated a portfolio of clinically relevant targets in 14 different cancer types. Our pipeline includes therapeutic MAbs to multiple cancer indications that are at different stages of clinical and pre-clinical development.
Our parent company, Astellas Pharma US helps us shine. Together we are the bright spot in the pharmaceutical industry -- not just because of what we do, but in the way we do it. If you are looking for a company where you can change a life, make a dream come true, and light the way for a better tomorrow, this is the place for you.
Astellas, and our Agensys subsidiary, offer a different kind of work culture. A high standard of ethics is mandatory. Quality is our pledge. Diversity is valued. Individual initiative is rewarded. Astellas offers an environment where our employees can make a real difference. To continue to change tomorrow, Astellas/Agensys must recruit the best and brightest in the industry
Come, shine with us!
Position Title: Associate Scientist to Senior Scientist, Discovery Research
Reports To: Senior Director, Discovery Research
Purpose & Scope of Position:
We are seeking a highly motivated scientist experienced in a variety of target discovery and validation approaches with preferred emphasis on antibody targets for oncology. This opening is within the Discovery Research department. Aside from target discovery and validation this department is also involved in leading and supporting naked antibody programs as well as antibody drug conjugate programs from early discovery to development.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the design and implementation of context-based strategies to comprehensively identify and validate antibody targets in oncology.
- Participate in a team of scientists dedicated to cancer biology, target identification/validation and drug discovery using in vitro, in vivo and/or omics methodologies in collaboration with internal and external bioinformatic clinical and toxicology experts.
- Participate in nomination of new potential targets from various internal and external functional and in silico mining efforts.
- Identify and manage internal and external collaborations in order to advance target identification and validation efforts.
- Contribute to building a culture that embraces continuous learning and improvement, increasing technical skill base and disease biology expertise; take a proactive role in personal growth and scientific development.
- Supervisory and bench-level activities are expected.
- The successful candidate will have a PhD in molecular biology, biotechnology, biochemistry, cell biology or a related discipline with postdoctoral experience, several years of relevant industrial experience or an MS degree with 10+ years of relevant industrial experience depending on the position title range outlined for this opening.
- Deep and broad knowledge of disease settings, targets, pathways and mechanisms of importance to cancer biology.
- Thorough knowledge of the entire drug discovery process with good understanding of drug development.
- Expertise in advanced omics and functional approaches to antibody target discovery and validation.
- Demonstrated success in designing and implementing strategy.
- Track record of innovation - designing and delivering novel solutions to challenging problems
- Demonstrated ability to identify, develop and manage successful internal and external collaborations
- Able to work independently as well as in a multi-discipline team environment.
- Ability to multi-task, handle multiple projects at one time, and change priorities based on business needs
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Astellas Pharmaceuticals - 2 years ago