The Associate Shopper Marketing Manager will play an integral role in the development & execution of shopper marketing programs that support our brand, category and customer sales objectives. The position will be part of a small 2-3 person Shopper Marketing team that will be responsible for developing insights-driven national & account specific shopper marketing strategies & plans. The Associate Shopper Marketing Manager will be responsible for managing national & account specific programs, development of internal communication tools, various ad-hoc projects and post-promotional analysis and assisting in the management of the shopper marketing budget.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES
Account Specific Program Development & Execution
Shopper Marketing Tool Development
- Partner with Seventh Generation’s field sales, brand marketing, business unit insight associates and category management to create insights-driven account specific shopper marketing plans that are drive sales & build our brand.
- Develop relationships with accounts (such as Kroger, Whole Foods, Ahold) marketing departments so to have a deep understanding of their marketing strategy and capabilities.
- Responsible for writing briefs, leading brainstorms, selling ideas in at retail, overseeing all creative development and execution.
- Development and maintenance of shopper marketing tool kit (signage, ad copy & creative, social media tools) for use by field sales.
- Development and maintenance competitive and industry tracker for shopper marketing trends.
- Create strong relationships with key shopper marketing vendors.
- Assist in the development of selling materials for account calls; attend select account calls to sell-in shopper marketing programs.
- Establish success metrics to measure and track shopper marketing programs & initiatives.
- Analyze shopper marketing programs by using IRI, retailer portal, redemption data and present findings & recommendations to stakeholders.
- Assist in the management of the Shopper Marketing Budget including monthly reporting of YTD spend, risks & opportunities and required budget accruals.
- Support effort to achieve our P&L goals by providing recommendations to improving efficiency of shopper marketing investments.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- 3-5 year experience working in a brand marketing or sales, CPG experience preferred
- Basic understanding of consumer packaged goods industry, retail channels and account specific marketing.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving a must
- Strong communication skills
- Working knowledge of syndicated data (i.e. Nielsen, IRI, Spectra, etc.).
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Experience in IRI and/or Neilsen a plus
- Travel approximately 5-15% of job for retailer HQ calls & retail visits
- Fast-paced environment
- Community requires active engagement in mission, vision and values
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Qualified applicants should send a current resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Seventh Generation is the nation's leading brand of household and personal care products that help protect human health and the environment....