Job Description:POSITION SUMMARY:|
The social media marketing space is playing an
increasingly important role in the advertising and
promotion of wine and spirit brands. The impact of
referral-based recommendations on purchase decisions
make social media an ideal channel to reach and engage
with wine and spirit consumers.
Constellation Brands Inc. (CBI) has identified the need
for an Associate Social Media Manager to support our
continued expansion in the social media space. Working
directly with assigned brand groups and reporting
directly to the digital marketing team, this role will
be instrumental in initiating, nurturing and maintaining
a social connection with consumers interested in our
brands. You will collaborate with internal personnel and
external agencies, working to successfully meet or
exceed business objectives. In this role, you will also
be a key member of the digital marketing department and
will work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
including brand marketing, public relations, trade
marketing, sales, consumer affairs, strategic insights,
legal, and external agencies.
The Associate Social Media Manager will own and support
the strategic development and execution of all social
media marketing initiatives. You will manage day-to-day
social media activities including, but not limited to,
writing editorial calendars, content generation and
curation, campaign development, community outreach, paid
social advertising, promotions, performance analysis,
ongoing moderation and optimization. Additional efforts
tied to social analytics and business
metrics/measurements in order to adequately gauge
performance, optimize initiatives, and establish best
practices will also be key requirements of the position.
The ideal candidate will have previous social media
management experience in the wine, beer, spirits or
equivalent/relevant CPG industry. Candidates should also
have a proven track record of successfully managing
social media and online community programs that meet
business objectives and target metrics.
Social Media Marketing Strategy & Execution
Develops and implements social media strategy and
best practices across various platforms and social
communities (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest,
Instagram, YouTube, Tumblr, Google+, etc.)
Understands and maintains proper usage of the
Develops brand social media playbook(s) clearly
articulating brand style, tone and voice
Ensures all posts successfully resonate with
Establishes brand communication and engagement
Owns the acquisition of fans and followers on
different social channels and drives paid and
organic programs to grow our base of engaged fans
Generates monthly content calendars for all brand
social media channels including imagery and digital
Construct social media briefs for agencies executing
development work oversee production and deployment
of development initiatives, and analyze reporting to
optimize ongoing performance.
Creates content and special campaigns such as
contests and online events for the community in
order to generate reach and engagement in marketing
Publishes daily posts on social channels and
frequently monitors daily conversations.
Listens, participates and reports on online
conversations. Facilitates consumer relationships in
social media ensuring timely responses to consumer
posts and questions (within 4 hours)
Escalates issues and flags potential concerns to
appropriate personnel based on established crisis
Identifies and nurtures key online influencers and
creates programs to turn them into ambassadors.
Collaborates with the digital marketing team in
order to optimize social media for search marketing
(SEO) to leverage organic/paid promotional
activities where appropriate.
Develops & executes social media advertising
campaigns including targeting methodology and ad
Responsible for ongoing performance analysis and
optimization of paid media efforts to meet or exceed
As appropriate, attends brand events for social
media event activation.
Represents the company/brands during trade shows,
cultural events, exhibitions, and other organized
key initiatives where relevant to develop and curate
social media content.
marketing projects; coordinating and architecting
- Oversees the development and execution of social
for social media related projects.
- Manages internal and external clients and vendors
teams to successfully meet strategic imperatives.
- Sets and achieves objectives/deadlines and leads
processes and protocols as it pertains to social
- Works to establish organizational/departmental
and learn” culture.
- Administers social marketing initiatives in a “test
- Drive social media integration across brand sites
Analysis & Best Practices
performance while also establishing benchmarks and
- Works to adequately measure and optimize campaign
recommending improvements as well as best practices.
qualitative and quantitative reports on social media
- Compiles reviews and communicates monthly
performance driving actionable insights for future
efforts. Identify and analyze issues, patterns and
trends in social channels and product performance.
social media space. Justifies investments in new
- Identifies opportunities, trends and features in the
social media channels through business metrics
(ROI), optimization and testing.
for heightened engagement and WOM opportunities
- Discover brand advocates and recommend strategies
opportunities and insights to internal marketing
- Proactively escalates issues, observations,
learned throughout the organization
- Communicates best practices and shares lessons
other relevant brands
- Monitors social media successes and shortfalls of
up-to-date on the latest trends
- Follows relevant feeds, blogs, pages, etc. to stay
- Educates the CBI organization on social media
the successful adoption and utilization of corporate
- Works with internal and external partners to ensure
- Can illustrate prior work that successfully
Ÿ In-depth knowledge and understanding of online
community platforms and their respective participants as
well as how they can be deployed to meet marketing
Ÿ Excellent writing and editing skills.
Ÿ Experience creating content in collaboration with
multiple stakeholders, such as legal, customer
acquisition, marketing and PR teams.
Ÿ Understanding of metrics tools, including Facebook
Insights,Radian6, Twitter, YouTube, Google Analytics,
Ÿ Hands-on experience successfully developing and
executing social media advertising campaigns
- Must maintain satisfactory attendance, to include
assignment of essential functions; it does not
- This job description reflects management’s
prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be
Marketing or Bachelor of Arts ideally.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Business Administration,
social media management for clients strongly preferred.
- 3-5 years of social marketing experience required
- Digital/social media agency experience specializing in
- Experience in the wine, beer, spirits or relevant CPG
- WOMMA (Word-of-Mouth Marketing Association)
thrive in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Highly analytical and articulate
- Relationships with bloggers and influencers a plus.
- Self-starter and, simultaneously, a team player.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage several concurrent activities and
- Great presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Excel, Word, and
creativity, and innovation.
- Possesses a spirit of intellectual curiosity,
- Writing samples are required
handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or
- Ability to travel
- Must be able to stand, walk, sit; use hands to finger,
balance; stoop, kneel, crouch and hear.
entry/word processing functions.
- Ability to sit for two hour intervals and perform data
Open Date : 2013-06-18 14:00:00
- Should be able to lift 45 lbs on occasion.
Division/Department : Marketing--Marketing
% of Travel Required : 10-20%
Constellation Brands - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Constellation Brands, Inc. is an international producer and marketer of beverage alcohol with a portfolio of wine brands complemented by...