This position works as part of a project team to develop software applications with a low to moderate level of complexity that meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Follow and demonstrate an understanding of adopted processes/methodologies.
- Develop an understanding of business and technical requirements for each assigned task.
- Work with IT Business Analysts to create and update requirements.
- Produce code to meet standards for each assigned task.
- Create unit test plans and test summary.
- Perform unit testing; strive for zero defects.
- Implement application following approval by Software Quality Assurance (i.e., production release).
- Maintain and support application as needed.
- Update technical design specifications.
- Document steps throughout application development process.
- Participate in project meetings and development meetings (e.g., Design Review, Code Review, Output Review).
- Identify changes to tasks as they occur and notify appropriate team members.
- Work with more senior developers to create accurate estimates of hours needed to complete assigned tasks.
- Follow schedules to meet task deadlines.
Data Recognition Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field preferred; high school diploma and equivalent work experience required.
- Zero to three years software development experience.
- Exposure to project-specific programming language (e.g., ASP, VB, SAS, .Net).
- Exposure to databases and file structures.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work successfully both independently and in teams.