The Associate Staff Accountant position will be responsible for all global EIS deferred cost of goods sold accounts, ensuring that all costs related to EIS revenue are properly accounted for in the proper period in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) under general supervision. This includes accounting for all global EIS royalty expenses and ensuring that these costs are accounted for accurately and completely. Additionally, this position will have revenue related reconciliation responsibilities. The role will work with various internal departments to maintain adherence to accounting guidelines as it relates to revenue and cost of sales accounting. Responsible for reviewing adjustments to the G/L and or reconciling revenue related balance sheet accounts and various revenue/COGS accounts.
Principal Duties and Essential Responsibilities:
- Responsible for recording and/or reviewing all royalty expenses for third-party embedded software in the Company’s products on a monthly basis for global EIS transactions.
- Ensure proper accounting treatment for all deferred costs related to royalties and other cost of goods sold (including hardware) based on the related revenue recognition treatment.
- Ensure balance sheet classification of all deferrals and accruals is proper and in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
- Prepare journal entries relating to revenue and cost of sales.
- Assist with monthly, quarterly, and/or annual closing procedures.
- Prepare monthly reports and analyses on revenue and cost of sales deferrals and maintain certain revenue and cost of sales deferrals details and reconciliations.
- 2 years experience in an accounting position.
- Bachelors degree in a Finance or Accounting related field or equivalent experience.
- MS Office Suite experience required, with advanced skills in Access, Word, and Excel.
- Strong proactive problem solving skills, decision-making, analytical skills with limited supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal, written/oral communication skills
- Team Player with the ability to interact with multiple departments
- Strong attention to detail
- Successful completion of a background screening process including, but not limited to, employment verifications, criminal search, OFAC, and SS verification.
As an equal opportunity employer, Verint Systems Inc. prides itself in providing employees with a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. This means we are committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to one’s race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, disability, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation, Veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, compensation, training, leave of absence or termination.
- Background in Oracle a plus
- Software industry experience a plus
- Experience with SOP 97-2 a plus