The Associate Systems Engineer will be responsible for installation, operational troubleshooting, and maintenance of existing and future media systems. The Associate Systems Engineer is proficient in many technologies and is responsible for providing remote and consultative support regarding the development, design, installation, maintenance, and operations of media systems deployed by the company. These systems include streaming media servers, media ingestion, satellite transmission and receiving, HD video, multi-channel audio, media production, computing platforms and networks are all within the scope of this position. Significant technical challenges, projects and problems are involved with performing this role. This engineer will provide systems knowledge and advice to company and project managers, other engineers, programmers, technicians, and contractors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide solutions and design input to media systems, engineering, and development projects.
- Consults with users to determine hardware, software, or system functional specifications.
- Documents, tests, modifies computer systems based on and related to user or systems design specifications.
- Collaborate in the definition, planning, and implementation of media systems that meet specified requirements and functionality. This function includes the investigation and analysis of new software and hardware products or their enhancements to existing products. It will also include developing documentation for communicating deployed systems to others.
- Collaborate in the operation and development of systems to acquire, produce and replicate media content according to the expectations of our customers.
- Collaborate on a regular basis with members of project teams to ensure that technology needs and requirements are communicated and considered at the appropriate time in the project’s life cycle.
- Provide technical support including scheduled on-call rotations and problem resolution during installation and operation of media systems.
- Research and provide product specifications, product support, and information on new technologies that contribute to the advancement of our media systems technology. Stay-up-to date on current state-of-the-art technologies and solutions
- Define and adhere to companywide system design standards and utilizes international standards where applicable.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Demonstrate honesty, responsibility, integrity and fulfillment of commitments.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, experience, skill, and/or ability
General electronics knowledge
General knowledge of controls, such as programmable logic controls
With regard to common workplace technology tools, can apply general telecommunications, network connectivity, PC client, and software troubleshooting skills, especially when help desk assistance is not readily available
General knowledge of and experience with A/V and LAN/WAN routing systems. Understands how to integrate networking and A/V protocols and systems.
General knowledge of residential and professional digital and analog audio/video systems.
General knowledge of residential and professional multimedia storage systems.
General ability to manage high-end hardware system designs, including audio, video, telecommunications, broadband, satellite, and RF systems
General knowledgeable about A/V, RF, broadcasting, and certain telecommunications national, regional, and global standards
Required computer skills
MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio)
Special remarks regarding work environment, if applicable
- Associates degree (A.A.) from accredited institution and four plus years relevant experience, OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Travel estimated to be 30%
- International travel may be required. Valid visa required.
Vulcan Inc. - 14 months ago
Vulcan Capital is the private investment group of Vulcan Inc., the project and investment management company founded by Paul G. Allen in 198...