The Associate Technical Support Analyst is responsible for providing first and second level technical support for external Capella Learners and Faculty. Duties include providing telephone, email, and web support for production systems, troubleshooting and resolving issues with end user technology software, maintaining incident tracking databases, and developing instructions and support documentation. Special emphasis is given to strong customer service skills in a technology environment.
- Provides application support to external and internal customers over the phone, email, and web by identifying and resolving issues associated with software and hardware.
- Coordinates issue escalation to other IT staff. Communicates progress and resolution status to IT staff and customers.
- Documents procedures for special tasks such as installation of software and troubleshooting steps.
- Meets and exceeds departmental service level metrics and provides feedback to improve service levels.
- Keeps apprised of new technology.
- Completes special projects or other tasks assigned in the agreed upon timeframe and quality manner.
- Four-year college degree (preferred) or equivalent work experience.
- Two or more years providing customer service and support for end user technology.
- Experience in an educational setting is a plus.
- Experience with Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome is required.
- Experience with Macintosh Operating Systems, Safari, browser plug-ins, and personal security software is highly preferred.
- Proficiency with using incident/issue management tools (PeopleSoft experience a plus).
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills and place a high degree of importance on developing and maintaining customer relationships.
- Experience with remote management tools in the resolution of technical issues is a plus.
- Proven ability to learn new technology quickly.
- Ability to solve complex technical issues via phone, email, and web.
- Ability to communicate technology solutions in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to solve issues within the context of the larger picture.
- Must posses the ability to prioritize tasks, stay organized, and make details a high priority.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously, despite frequent interruptions.
- Consistent, high-level demonstration of integrity and professionalism.
- Ability to work flexible hours. Shift is 12:00PM-9:00PM M-F with a monthly weekend rotation.
225 S. 6
Minneapolis, MN 55402
How To Apply
Click the apply now button and apply to this job opening. You will be prompted to either login using an existing user ID and password or register for a new account.
About Capella University
Capella University is an online university built on graduate degrees, with more than 34,900 students throughout the U.S. and in other countries. Founded in 1993 to provide advanced educational opportunities for working professionals, Capella has become a national leader in online education, offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral programs. The university's success is built upon a culture that promotes human potential, achievement, innovation, integrity, collaboration, and teamwork. Capella Education Company (CPLA), parent company of Capella University, is publicly traded on the NASDAQ. Capella Education Company was named to the Inc. 500 Hall of Fame for being listed as one of the nation's fastest-growing companies for 7 consecutive years. Capella University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, located at 230 S. LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604-1413, (312) 263-0456,
Equal Employment Opportunity
Capella is committed to the development of a multicultural environment. We seek greater diversity in our faculty and staff to broaden our academic experience and to reflect the diversity within our learner community. We value the input of multiple viewpoints and perspectives across the university and our corporate offices. Our goal is to create academic and business communities that are rich with cultural, social and intellectual diversity. Capella is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.
Capella University - 8 months ago