The Associate position at RTI represents an entry level function. Associates will develop technical skills in their assigned areas, an understanding of the rules and regulations that RTI administers, and the basic operating approach at RTI including: reading, understanding, and following work instructions; working in a team environment; and learning to work with minimal supervision.
o Performs tissue processing activities in accordance with applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Work Instructions (WIs).
- Tissue Processing, Sterilization, Packaging, Inspection, and/or Labeling
o Responsible for accurately processing tissue products to the required specifications within expected processing times in order to meet production schedules.
o Works safely, dons appropriate PPE and applies adequate aseptic techniques in a clean room / controlled environment while performing individual tasks or contributing to a team effort.
o Follows requirements to properly dispose hazardous and non-hazardous waste.
o Accurately completes paperwork and performs data entry in accordance with Good Documentation Practices.
o Stores and moves tissue in appropriate locations to ensure accurate inventories of tissue in-process.
o Performs cycle count activities in accordance with SOP’s.
o Ability to work in a team environment, exhibits a positive work attitude and respects fellow employees
o Participates in team meetings
o Actively participates in and complies with five pillar program
o Follows assigned priorities from manager or supervisor
o Understands and complies with safety requirements
o Performs duties while meeting all applicable internal, federal and state quality requirements and regulations
o Participates in periodic performance reviews on a timely basis
o Develops proficiency in at least one Competency and shows a willingness and ability to learn additional skills
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
RECOMMENDED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- General knowledge of anatomy
- Ability to read, write and follow detailed procedures, written instructions and verbal instructions
- Basic math skills: ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows environment including Word, Excel and Internet, email, etc.
- Good organization skills and personal accountability
- HS diploma or equivalent required
Engagement/Commitment – Demonstrate high levels of commitment to and connection with RTI Biologic’s goals, objectives and related priorities.
Professionalism/Integrity – Exhibit a consistent level of professionalism, good judgment, and integrity in all situations.
- Motivated: gives an extra effort to accomplish tasks well and on time
- Participates in activities and meetings that impact the work group and RTI Biologics
- Demonstrates commitment to the best interests of the work group and RTI Biologics
Communication – Create understanding and support though effective use of various formal and informal communication techniques.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and pride in work
- Works independently, but knows when to ask for assistance or guidance
- Maintains confidentiality with sensitive or proprietary information
- Works safely and shows concern for the safety of others
- Consistently displays honesty and integrity in all interactions
People/Interpersonal Skills – Interacting with others in a way that tends to build healthy, productive working relationships with RTI Biologics and with external parties.
- Communicates clearly and effectively in written & spoken communications
- Asks good questions as needed to gain information and understanding
- Responds to questions with straightforward, useful information
- Treats others with respect and dignity
- Listens actively to hear and understand others’ ideas and viewpoints
- Is team oriented; cooperates within and across departmental lines
- Willingly provides assistance and support to others
(Also, see requirements identified in the “ Operations Competency Descriptors & Specific Job Requirements ” Form)
þ Perform repetitive tasks/motions þ Have good manual dexterity
þ Have good eye/hand/foot coordination þ Hear alarms/telephone/normal voice þ Have Clarity of Vision
þ Near Acuity ( Clarity of vision at 20 inches or less) ¨ Far Acuity ( Clarity of vision at 20 feet or more)
¨ Distinguish colors
Biomedical manufacturing environment.
This position may require the use of personal protective equipment during various tasks/activities including but not limited to, gloves, masks and safety glasses.
RTI Surgical - 2 years ago