At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways —developing many of the world’s most innovative and sustainable buildings, transport and civil engineering projects. Arup is a global engineering and consulting firm of 11,000 creative minds. Our integrated approach to engineering and design brings together the best professionals to meet our clients’ needs.
We are currently seeking an Associate Tunneling Engineer to join the tunneling group in New York to participate in the design and management of a number of existing and future tunneling projects. Bored and Mined tunnel project experience is essential.
Your responsibilities will involve:
• Collaborating and working with other Tunnel and Geotechnical Engineering staff.
• Participate in the design and management of tunnel and tunnel-related projects for large multi-disciplinary transportation and utility works
• Identifying, tracking and bidding for new tunneling work and a strong working relationship with local government authorities.
Qualified professionals will have:
• MS degree in Engineering or Applied Sciences such as Civil, Structural, or Geotechnical Engineering with 15+ years of tunnel-related work experience in TBM tunnels and SEM.
• Sound knowledge of civil engineering fundamentals, structural design of tunnels, soil and rock mechanics.
• An understanding of analytical tools such as FLAC, UDEC, and
Unwedge, as well as assessment tools such as RMR Systems is preferred.
• A professional demeanor with good communication skills is essential for a team-based working environment.
• Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment.
Share your passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless. This is your opportunity to shine.
Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Arup - 5 months ago
Things always look up for Arup Group, a global design and business consulting firm. The company provides engineering, architectural, and...