The Associate Valuation Analyst within the pricing and valuation group provides input into determining the quality and reliability of security prices through analysis in order to produce accurate and timely NAVs for multiple clients and product types. Provides analysis on a variety of financial instruments held by our clients, typically our less complex instruments.
The Associate Valuation Analyst will apply analytical tools used to assess the accuracy and quality of security valuations by: researching, analyzing and resolving issues or exceptions according to established policies and procedures. Synthesizes information from various sources, such as Fund Accounting, portfolio management, custody operations, trading, brokers, market data and pricing services. Prepares and reviews pricing, reference file and reporting of securities and funds under management.
- Perform review of daily tolerances and exceptions of security valuations
- Prepare and/or review pricing for assigned security types
- Prepare and/or review various reports, including new buy, stale price and fair value
- Prepare and/or review reference file additions and/or updates in GPWS and Invest One
- Prepare and maintain documentation with regards to valuation decisions, policies and controls.
- Analyze, research and escalate price and NAV discrepancies
- Assist in the assignment of fair value accounting levels (Topic 820)
- Escalate problems which could have potential impact on daily operations and could adversely affect customer and vendor relations
- Provide daily support of business relationships with customer and suppliers
- Assess work processes on a formal and informal basis and suggest ideas for improvement and assist management in implementation
- Execute pricing and valuation analytics based on observable market data
- Assist in the development of and contribute to the successful completion of group goals
- Train new employees on formal and informal basis
- Act as a technical resource for the department
- Assist with project work and lead inter-group projects
Education and Experience
Skills and Knowledge
- 2+ years of relevant industry experience
- Pricing or mutual fund accounting experience a plus
- Bachelors degree in business-related field expected (Accounting or Finance preferred)
- CFA desired, but not required
- Equity, Fixed Income, Derivative knowledge a plus
About Fidelity Investments
- Knowledgeable of and interest in both the financial markets and the mutual fund industry
- Research and analytical skills
- Ability to perform statistical analysis
- Ability to multi-task and interact in a professional manner with several internal and external clients in an efficient and timely manner
- Ability to work in a deadline-oriented environment and adhere to strict internal and external service level agreements
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proven track record of meeting objectives and delivering exceptional results.
Fidelity Investments is one of the world's largest providers of financial services. Founded in 1946, the firm is a leading provider of investment management, retirement planning, portfolio guidance, brokerage, benefits outsourcing and many other financial products and services to more than 20 million individuals and institutions, as well as through 5,000 financial intermediary firms. For more information about Fidelity Investments, visit
Mutual Fund Accounting
Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Fidelity Investments - 12 months ago
Fidelity Investments is one of the world's largest providers of financial services. Fidelity offers investment management, retirement...