Associate veterinarian provides care for private client dogs and cats in our Animal Hospital. In addition works with Adoption staff and other members of the Bideawee team on examinations, diagnostic procedures, treatment and dental surgeries to our resident animal population in our adoption centers. |
- Possess above average medical and diagnostic skills. Intent on providing high quality, progressive medicine animals residing in our adoption centers and retirement home.
- Willingness to work with the Adoption Center Manager to decide the right medical and/or surgical options for their pets.
- Understand the importance of staff education and take every opportunity to impart knowledge to the staff
- Contribute to the fiscal health of the organization and the Department of Veterinary Services through expense control in the Adoption Centers, making decisions that are in the best interest of both the animal and the organization
- Proficient at ovariohysterectomies and orchiectomies, including prepubescent spay and neuters.
- Be familiar and comfortable performing routine surgical procedures including but not limited to lump removals, dental extractions, cystotomy, digit and tail amputations, splenectomy, basic ophthalmic procedures and cesarean sections.
- Practice and teach good isolation procedures
- Making good, practical, safe medical decisions
- Assist the AC in meeting their adoption goals
- Take all steps to minimize shelter borne illness
- Be eligible and willing to hold a DEA license.
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Consider yourself a teacher a student and a mentor
- Be willing to participate in daily rounds, monthly staff meetings and yearly educational seminars.
- Proficient medical record keeping ability and knowledgeable with SOAP protocol.
- Be capable of adhering to policy, procedure and protocols.
- Be willing to work as part of a team.
- Be willing and able to delegate procedures and duties to other experienced members of the team
- Working with our trainers to manage behavior issues.
- Leading staff and volunteer training sessions in animal care.
- Participation in educational events held for the community.
- Be and advocate of the human-animal bond.
- Ideal candidates have 5-10 years experience as a veterinarian (including prepubertal sterilization); a NYS veterinary license; and a strong desire to contribute to fostering long-term relationships between companion animals and people.
- Some computer literacy
- Heavy lifting may be required
- Experience in shelter and behavior medicine preferred.
- Scheduling flexibility.
- Night and weekend work is required.
- On call holiday coverage may be necessary
- Use of a personal vehicle recommended
Please email resumes to email@example.com
Job Posting: December 2012
Bideawee - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard -