The Associate Vice President, Digital Media will be the main point of contact for the international digital business at the NBA. The Associate VP is charged with managing and monetizing the league’s existing international digital product portfolio while identifying new product distribution and digital licensing opportunities. The Associate VP will work together with the league’s Internet Services group to own the full product cycle from strategy formulation to launch, to product enhancements. The product portfolio includes online, mobile and emerging media on a direct to consumer basis and in partnership with third parties.
• Develop digital products and services across online, mobile, and emerging media platforms
• Understand global marketplace trends, new products/technologies, social media platforms and consumer behavior to spot opportunities
• Size digital media opportunities and develop strategies that will maximize revenues and exposure for the NBA
• Work with the regional representatives to evaluate potential partnerships, negotiate agreements and oversee relationships
• Oversee management of existing digital content licensing and strategic partnerships
• Manage international digital distribution annual budget, including revenue targets and expenses
• Collaborate with internal and external parties to formulate product ideas, create product specs and manage the development and rollout process
• Collaborate with Marketing Partnerships department to maximize the sale of digital inventory and sponsorship associated with the NBA’s digital assets
• Proven track record in monetizing digital assets through a mix of licensing, advertising sales and sponsorship, direct to consumer premium services, micro-transactions and e-commerce, working with internal stakeholders as needed
• Strong record of developing and launching digital products and forming strategic partnerships
• Ability to gather and analyze data from a variety of sources, draw conclusions and act on findings
• Strong presentation skills, including the ability to lead discussions that will result in the best product possible
• Ability to work with multiple stakeholders in a fast-paced, heavily matrixed organization.
• Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
• 7-10 years’ work experience (post-undergraduate) in digital media industry with at least 3 years in a strategy role with prior exposure to media or content and/or consulting
• Strong contacts in the international digital community
• Understanding of global media landscape including key players and trends
• Prior media or sports experience a plus
• Additional language skills a plus
Educational Background Required
• College degree required
• MBA from a top business school strongly preferred
The NBA is a global sports and media business built around three professional sports leagues: the National Basketball Association, the...