• A graduate degree in an imaging-related field, with a strong preference for a PhD
• A minimum 5 years of management/leadership experience
• Background in algorithm development or imaging characterization
• Demonstrated ability to recruit, motivate and retain talented engineers
• Track record of successfully leading programs and people
• Practical experience in maximizing effectiveness of finite resources
• Highly developed negotiation, facilitation, and influencing skills
• Highly developed verbal and written communication skills; strong presentation skills
Associate Vice President, ISP
Marvell camera technology and imaging systems team provides algorithms, hardware and software IP design, image quality tuning and low level software/firmware support for the embedded camera and imaging solutions on the Marvell mobile phone/tablet chipsets. Boosted by ISP, multi-core CPU and GPU hardware, Marvell imaging solution provides complete support for state of the art imaging/video quality and advanced features related to image detection, tracking, recognition, computational photography and augmented reality.
This position is based in the Santa Clara office and reports to the Vice President, Engineering, Mobile Business Unit. Camera/imaging is a very important feature for our current and future customers in the smart phone/tablet era.
We are seeking a highly qualified expert to lead and manage the camera technology and imaging systems department consisting of camera & imaging algorithm engineers, IP design engineers, camera integration engineers, imaging quality test engineers, camera function test engineers and camera tuning engineers.
Responsibilities and Qualifications:
• Knowledge of Camera & imaging algorithms:
- Bayer image signal processing pipeline
- Auto exposure, auto white balance, auto focus control algorithms
- Face/object detection, tracking, recognition
- General camera still image/video post-processing
- Computational photography, augmented reality
• Knowledge of algorithm design, ARM/Neon/GPU and other system programmable HW and SIMD engine based software implementation & optimization.
• Knowledge of Image quality & performance optimization to meet production criteria.
• Knowledge of Android integration/Camera experience and experience in embedded systems, Android Camera HAL, new Camera features, etc.
• Knowledge of Android camera or other multimedia components, including but not limited to development and maintenance of test suite, test automation tool, test planning, validation
• Knowledge of camera modules automated calibration:
- Image quality tuning on device using software simulator.
- Trouble shooting image quality issues and work with Architecture and Software teams to come up with innovative solutions.
- Propose ISP and Software enhancements based on real-world customer experience.
- Develop lab and real-world image quality tests, work with test team to capture images, evaluate image quality and propose corrective actions.
Assist AE team/FAE team/Customer with camera bring-up as needed.
• Lead organizational changes and create and enable a culture of responsibility and accountability that strengthen the company and our ability to accelerate growth. Execute against the company strategy. Drive continuous improvement and innovation. Keep abreast of function and industry. Conduct rigorous due diligence on all plans and ideas. Champion and facilitate breakthrough solutions. Take appropriate risks.
• Ensure proper staffing and ongoing training and development of team members. Select, engage, manage and develop a best-in-class team. Attract, hire and retain people who will have a positive impact.
• Actively provides frequent management, guidance, and direction to individual staff members on their professional and personal development goals. Reviews and evaluates employee work and prepares annual performance reviews. Provide constructive, actionable feedback and coaching. Recognize and reward performance and results. Invest in career planning and succession planning to build a pipeline of talent.
• Create commitment and excitement around shared goals and value. Translate organizational goals into challenging individual performance goals and success measures. Hold self and others accountable for actions and decisions. Create an environment that values cultural and individual diversity in the workplace.
Sales & Marketing
Marketing - Strategic
Marvell - 18 months ago
Thou marvell'st at my words, but be thee still; Marvell Technology Group offers digital and mixed-signal integrated circuits for data...