Imagine what you could do here. Every day is a new challenge, and you're continually looking for ways to help our company get better at what we do, in the most efficient way possible. A team player at heart, you collaborate with departments, advocate best practices and roll up your sleeves to pitch in when it's all hands on deck. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail, and you tap into your problem-solving skills to support the company objectives.
The Associate Vice President, Financial Aid & Services position is a full-time employment opportunity. The Associate Vice President (AVP) holds responsibility over staff and vendors at various locations and will be responsible for the proper administration and oversight of all financial aid programs. This position ensures appropriate protocols exist governing the institution’s application, administration and close out of the Title IV programs and also provides oversight, support for vendor activities, project, and university initiatives. Additionally, it’s critical the AVP works collaboratively with other business units to ensure the student experience is seamless, our services are delivered timely and resources are managed effectively. This position must provide vision and leadership for the department on matters of regulatory compliance, operational excellence, institutional eligibility and administrative capability – as defined by the U.S. Department of Education.
Essential Job Duties:
• Understand, pursue, and strive to fulfill the university’s mission and core values
• Ensure the following:
o Ongoing eligibility and administrative capability of the university for all aid programs with which it participates or seeks to participate
o Rigorous compliance with all regulatory and institutional policies and procedures
o All aid programs are properly administered, reporting requirements met, fund reconciliations completed and closed-out – where applicable – in a timely manner
o Successful default prevention and management procedures are actively engaged
o Successful coordination and completion of the annual TIV compliance audit
o Compliance with all military and VA administration requirements
o Technical knowledge is kept current by attending relevant industry training events
o Effective oversight of all third-party FA service providers
o All fiscal and participation applications and reporting requirements are completed and updated properly and in a timely manner (e.g., FISAP, eCar, eApp, & etc.)
o Efficient management of packaging and accounts receivable/DSO performance
o Oversee successful implementation of new FA regulatory requirements
• Provide technical guidance related to Title IV and state regulatory compliance
• Participate in the design and implementation of institutional grants and scholarships
• Accurately plan departmental requirements and consistently achieve expectations
• Collaborate across departments to optimize service levels and performance
• Oversee recruiting, training, persistence, and development of all departmental staff
• Participate as an active member of the Student Grievance Resolution Committee
• Resolve escalated student issues and proactively modify root-cause processes
• Support the VP of Financial Aid & Services Finance on all Financial Services related deliverables as needed
• Direct the counseling of all students’ availability of financial aid resources rules & regulations pertaining to the receipt of all type of aid, in addition to students’ rights and responsibilities regarding compliance with state, federal and institutional policies
• Establish ongoing audit readiness procedures
• Execute and train to ongoing policies and procedures
• Fulfill automation plans for the Financial Aid office
• Implement and manage an effective Quality Assurance plan
• Commitment to Mission: Aligns with the Core Values of Integrity, Ethics, and Service through behaviors that demonstrate a positive commitment to the customer and the organization.
• Communication: Aligns with the Core Values of Service through oral and written communication skills and internal/external relationships.
• Service: Encompasses the company’s core values of service; including service to the organization, customer community.
• Personal Planning: Aligns with personal accountability and responsibility.
• Leading Change: This competency serves as the foundation of the Leadership competency model as it aligns the behaviors and characteristic of the individuals with the organization’s mission and core values. Inherent in this competency is the individual’s ability to balance change and continuity; to continually strive to improve organizational framework; to create a work environment that encourages innovation; and to maintain focus, intensity and persistence, even under adversity.
• Leading People: This competency involves the ability to maximize human capital by fostering an environment that encompasses the organization’s culture and execute the mission, goals and core values.
• Business Acumen: This competency involves the ability to understand and administer business information cross departmentally in a manner that inspires confidence, instills trust and accomplishes the organization’s goals.
• Building Communication: This leadership competency encompasses written and verbal communications of facts and ideas as well as developing a professional network inside and outside the organization.
• Driving Results: This competency stresses accountability and continuous improvement through decision making, execution and producing results.
• Ten+ (10) years of direct program management
• Four+ (4) years of post-secondary experience as a Financial Aid Director
• Must demonstrate experience in implementation and maintenance of FA systems
• Must have knowledge of Title IV operations
• Experience in preparing for and managing a program review
• Strong compliance orientation and experience with regulatory environment and audits
• Excellent management, communication, analytical and organizational skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft® Office Word®, Excel®, Outlook®, and PowerPoint®
• Proficiency in all university student information systems and applications
• Proficiency with related federal and lender/guarantor/servicers resources
• Ability to perform in a fast-paced, growth-oriented and goal-based environment
• Ability to partner cross-functionally with other disciplines to deliver exceptional service
• Ability to interact and support executive and senior management
• Ability to manage a large team in a complex integrated environment
• Bachelor degree from a regionally accredited or approved nationally accredited institution required
• Master degree strongly preferred
• Degree should be in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or a related field
If a degree is required for the position, completed
degrees must be conferred by a regionally accredited or approved nationally
accredited institution. All candidates must provide proof of education (official transcripts) upon request.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee requires dexterity in using telephone, computer keyboard, mouse and calculator while seated at a desk. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee may frequently move to interact with fellow employees and/or clients. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Communication Skills: While performing Duties of the job, the employee is required to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. The employee requires the ability to write effective and detailed correspondence and to effectively present information both in one-on-one and small group situations.
Mental Demands: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to deal with stress associated with a fast-paced work environment and multiple priorities/tasks. The employee will be required to make judgment decisions and adapt to changing work situations, grasp and apply new ideas, communicate with various personalities at all levels and have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions.
Work Environment: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to work in an office environment, and the noise level is usually moderate to loud .
Note : This opportunity of employment will require a completed pre-employment screening to be inclusive of, but not limited to: a criminal background investigation, verification of education credentials, verification of prior employment history, professional reference checks and public social media postings; with review prior to an offer of employment being extended. As an employer, we participate in E-Verify. To learn
more please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Notice to Prospective Employees
As required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security
Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (the “Clery Act”), prospective employees
are entitled to request and receive a copy of Ashford University Annual
Campus Security Report. The Report can be accessed at Campus Security & Fire Safety Report . The report includes
certain campus safety policies and statistics on reportable crimes and
incidents that occurred on campus, in certain off-campus buildings, and on
public property immediately adjacent to campus or accessible from campus for
three previous years. The policies include campus security policies,
crime prevention, and alcohol and drug use, and sexual assault, among
others. To obtain a paper copy of the report, please contact HumanResources@bpiedu.com .
Wait, there’s more… For more up-to-date news follow us on Twitter: @AshfordUCareers
Ashford University - 4 months ago
You can help people change their lives when they choose to pursue higher education and earn a degree from Ashford University. With more...