The Associate Vice President for Human Resources is responsible for developing and maintaining a high-quality, comprehensive, human resources and payroll program that supports institutional mission and values at the University’s main campus and regional centers.
Responsible for the planning, development, and implementation of human resources processes, systems, and policies that support the university’s mission and that ensure compliance with federal and state employment regulations.
Oversees full-service payroll operation for approximately 800 full- and part-time faculty and staff and 700 student employees.
Builds, motivates, and retains a strong, solutions-oriented HR organization and culture that is viewed by the university to be collaborative, fair and equitable, efficient, and innovative.
Provides strategic consultation and guidance to all levels of administration, faculty, and staff concerning human resource matters, employee relations issues, and organizational development needs with a high degree of confidentiality, integrity, and judgment.
- Bachelor’s degree, graduate degree preferred, in human resource management, business or a related area. At least ten years human resources leadership experience in all aspects of human resource management and state and federal regulations, preferably in higher education.
- A strong affinity with and support of the spiritual mission of the university and its Nazarene traditions.
- Experience in the implementation or use of enterprise HR systems that support automation and integration as a means of streamlining processes and promoting self-service. Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work effectively in a creative, intellectual and process-oriented environment is essential.
- Demonstrated success in evaluating and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Strong communication, conflict management, negotiation, interpersonal and teambuilding skills.
- Ability to exercise sound and independent judgment in decision making.
- Ability to supervise, develop, and evaluate staff, and to foster a cooperative work environment.
Physical Demands (if applicable):
Selection process will begin with a review of all submitted information. Within the application process, please provide:
1. Four professional references;
2. Cover letter stating why you are interested in this position
Successful candidates will move forward in the selection process, which includes in-person interviews, detailed conversations with employment references, and a background check.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants: