The Associate Vice President for Special Projects will lead projects related to implementation of the organization’s strategic plan. The Associate Vice President for Special Projects will particularly focus on organizational growth including service expansion, mergers, acquisitions and other forms of new partnerships.
Typical duties include, but are not limited to: seeking and researching growth opportunities and providing senior management with direction on procedures for vetting and decision making; leading and organizing teams of internal staff and external parties involved with special projects by overseeing the composition of workgroups, pace of work, and communication within and between groups; and managing the progress of special projects and reporting regularly to President and CEO on projects’ status.
Additional duties include: seeking data to support project direction and decision making in all aspects of the assigned project; engaging and supervising the work of outside vendors and contractors; developing and overseeing budgets associated with costs for special projects; anticipating and preparing for procedural opportunities and challenges; representing the organization in a variety of venues; and developing and sustaining relationships with key stakeholders.
When applying for this position, please reference the job title and job ID #387
- Graduate level degree in public health, public policy or public administration
- Minimum of 5 years programmatic management experience
- Strong knowledge of health care systems, organizational behavior and development, and management
- Experience working in an ethnically, culturally, and racially diverse environment preferred
- Ability to work harmoniously with diverse groups of individuals required
Fenway Health is a comprehensive community health center, providing a wide continuum of health care services. We are New England’s...