The Atlantic |
is launching an in-house production studio to explore the frontiers of journalism and multimedia storytelling in the rapidly evolving world of online video. This production team will create a range of documentaries, interview series, and other nonfiction video content for The Atlantic ’s digital properties. This team will work in collaboration with The Atlantic ’s editors and writers to develop video concepts in their areas of expertise: politics, business, technology, health, entertainment, global affairs, etc.
We seek an associate editor to contribute to the The Atlantic ’s Video Channel, curating, licensing, and writing about compelling videos from across the web. The ideal candidate comes from a video background and can move into a more production-oriented role, developing series concepts and managing production logistics. The associate editor will report to the executive producer.
- Curating a mix of web videos that are a good fit for The Atlantic ’s brand and readers/viewers
- Reaching out to filmmakers and organizations to license videos
- Writing a couple of posts a day for the Video Channel on TheAtlantic.com
- Contributing to all aspects of the video-production process: development, shooting, editing, distribution, etc.
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate:
- 2+ years professional experience in online video (production, distribution, or other relevant area)
- Impeccable writing and communication skills
- An eye for great web videos and a nose for where to find them
- A deep knowledge of online video platforms and social media
- At least some experience with video production. Editing experience (Premiere Pro or Final Cut) is a plus.
- A creative, innovative sensibility and high editorial standards
Atlantic Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer