Alvarez & Marsal (“A&M”) is a leading global professional services firm that delivers performance improvement, turnaround management and business advisory services to organizations seeking to transform operations, catapult growth and accelerate results through decisive action. With more than 2,400 professionals based in locations across North America, Europe, Asia and Latin America, our firm excels in problem solving and value creation. Drawing on a strong operational heritage and hands-on-approach, our professionals work closely with organizations and stakeholders to help tackle complex business issues and maximize value.
A&M is looking to expand its Healthcare Industry Group in New York, Dallas and Chicago.
Our Healthcare Industry Group:
The Healthcare Industry Group (“HIG”) is at the forefront in delivering transformational change to the Healthcare industry. A&M’s dedicated healthcare professionals have established a long and successful track record of working with management, boards of directors and stakeholders of both investor-owned and non-profit acute and post-acute providers, payors and suppliers to improve financial, operational and clinical performance.
Our comprehensive Healthcare industry services include:
- Financial Performance Improvement
- Turnaround and Restructuring
- Operational Effectiveness
- Transaction and Financial Advisory
- Clinical Quality Improvement
- Merger Integrations
- Interim Management
- Compliance, Governance and Investigations
- Financial statement review and analysis
- Business plan review; financial and operational due diligence
- Forecasting, budgeting and modeling
- Development of 13 week cash flows, liquidity analysis and management
- Preparation of client presentations, participate in meetings and interviews with key stakeholders
- Analysis, identification and implementation of various financial, operational and strategic initiatives
- Data collection, manipulation and analysis of operational and financial statistics
- Benchmarking of operational and financial performance metrics
- Analysis and evaluation of operating procedures and processes, development of solution-oriented recommendations specific to client environment
- Market research and analysis
- Participation in various marketing activities of the firm
Alvarez & Marsal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Alvarez & Marsal via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written and approved Service Agreement in place for this position from Alvarez & Marsal HR will be deemed the sole property of Alvarez & Marsal. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Alvarez & Marsal as a result of the referral or through other means.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or a related field; MBA, CPA and/or CFA a plus
- Minimum 3 years of experience as an Analyst or Associate in investment or commercial banking, consulting, restructuring or other professional services firm (healthcare provider / services focus preferred)
- Experience creating complex financial and cash flow projection models , including:
- Ability to build integrated three statement financial model without supervision
- Ability to build a 13 week cash flow model without supervision
- Understand the key operational performance drivers of a business
- Ability to manage, organize and analyze large sets of unorganized or incomplete data
- Capable of synthesizing information and developing reports
- Ability to work well under pressure and on multiple work streams
- Problem solving skills with the ability to think through alternative solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to effectively interact with senior management
- Excellent command of Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint and other accounting, statistical and healthcare software
- Willingness to travel up to 100%
About Alvarez & Marsal:
Alvarez & Marsal (A&M) is a global professional services firm specializing in turnaround and interim...