Aon plc (NYSE: AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Through its more than 61,000 colleagues worldwide, Aon unites to empower results for clients in over 120 countries via innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. Aon has been named repeatedly as the world's best broker, best insurance intermediary, reinsurance intermediary, captives manager and best employee benefits consulting firm by multiple industry sources. Visit www.aon.com for more information on Aon and www.aon.com/manchesterunited to learn about Aon's global partnership and shirt sponsorship with Manchester United.
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for an Associate in our New York City office. This position will support Aon’s Professional Services group.
Provide detailed support to Vice-President in the administration of mid to large size professional indemnity accounts; ensure all clients’ needs are promptly and accurately satisfied; ensure all deadlines are met on a timely basis; ensure quality standards are maintained and handle projects independently and creatively. Grasp/understand topics involving our specialty niche. Act on behalf of the Vice-President in their absence.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Work as part of a client service team, in a highly collaborative, team oriented environment.
* Responsible for day-to-day servicing of complex professional liability, directors & officers, employment practices liability, and other insurance programs for a portfolio of consulting and other professional service firm clients.
* Proactively coordinate renewal cycle to ensure all necessary steps are completed in a timely fashion.
* Prepare and/or check insurance renewal invitation, notice letters, application reviews, market submissions, terms reports, putting up the Firm Orders to various insurers, ensuring that coverage is bound prior to the effective date, and responding to client requests.
* Obtain and analyze client insurance renewal information, assemble underwriting submissions to be sent to insurers, track and assist with follow-up during negotiations with insurers, prepare client proposals, coordinate receipt of and review insurer binders and other coverage documentation, check and prepare insurance policy documentation.
* Become conversant with insurance policy terms and conditions specific to the lines of insurance being serviced.
* Communicate with U.S., London and other insurance markets as requested for quotes and renewal documentation.
* Prepare and/or check computations of premiums and taxes. Prepare and/or check invoices as appropriate.
* Prepare Wording Comparisons, Working Copy Wordings, Verifications/Certificates of Insurance, letters and reports under the direction of the Vice President (and other team members).
* Ensure all communications, both written and verbal, received from clients, markets and other Aon offices are acknowledged promptly by working with the Vice President (and other team members).
* Coordinate activity between Aon offices to ensure smooth coordination of all client matters as well as continuity of service.
* Responsible for broking and development of terms under the direction of the Vice President (and other team members).
* Prepare and/or check policy documentation.
* Ensure all file, both electronic and paper, are maintained in a timely fashion.
* Assist in development of sales documents and presentations to existing clients and prospective new clients.
* Input and/or check all data into data systems.
* Conform to internal transparency and other Professional Services and Aon protocols.
* Maintain daily diary and outstanding list on all client accounts.
* Maintain detailed electronic and paper file notes.
* Prepare and/or check communication based upon master drafts where appropriate.
* Monitor claims activities.
* Resolve accounting discrepancies.
* Undertake various duties as assigned.
* Willingness to travel as necessary.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills and analytical abilities required.
* Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint – intermediate to expert user level preferred.
* Strong organizational skills required.
* Ability to work well under pressure with attention to detail.
* Ability to organize, prioritize, monitor and control work flow deadlines and be flexible
* Team oriented self-starter with ability to organize, prioritize, monitor and control work flow deadlines and be flexible.
* Technically/detail oriented.
* Be energetic/have a proven sense of urgency.
* 4 year College Degree (BA/BS) required.
* Minimum two years insurance experience preferred.
* New York Brokers License or willingness to obtain and take additional insurance courses.
* Product expertise in Professional Liability, Employment Practices Liability and/or Management Liability preferred but not required.
Aon offers competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, continuing education & training, a unique internal advancement program, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
All positions at Aon require an applicant who has accepted an offer to undergo a background check. The checks run are based on the nature of the position. Background checks may include some or all of the following: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that you will be required to undergo a background check should you be made an offer. You also understand that the offer is contingent upon successful completion of the background check and results consistent with Aon 's employment policies. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon's professionals are unwavering in their client focus and integrity. We promote diversity, professional development, frugality and stewardship, applying a disciplined non-bureaucratic approach to help our clients realize their business potential. Drawing on our experienced team as a competitive advantage, Aon employees have the freedom to take risks, foster innovation, champion for change and replicate best practices.
For more information about Aon Corporation, visit our website at http://www.aon.com.
Aon is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. M/F/D/V
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
New York City, New York United States
New York City, NY United States
Aon - 2 years ago
Aon plc is a multinational corporation headquartered in London, United Kingdom, that provides risk management services, insurance and...