4 th Strand is recognized as an innovator in its industry; serving leading retailers, industrial distributors and general procurement in a niche space – the intersection of merchants and vendors. We use primary, user-based product performance data that we generate to extract business insights that directly impact our client’s bottom line.
Wouldn’t it be great to know who has the best product for a particular project, every time you have to make a decision? We unlock information to help make purchasing decisions more efficient and profitable. We work with purchasing buyers/merchants, product vendors, and test labs as the “4th Strand” to create clarity with respect to comparative product performance. Everyone claims that they have the best products; we put these claims to the test. We engage across a wide range of products, lending our expertise when:
We can assist our clients with almost any product purchased or carried for resale. You’ve probably read or seen Consumer Reports®; we in effect provide our clients with a customized “Commercial Report™” that gives them insights derived from primary data comparing products across metrics most important to the customer. This information inevitably plays a critical role in their negotiation and merchandising strategy.
- There is more than one vendor vying for business
- There is a good/better/best or similar step-up strategy in place
- A vendor makes specific claims that can be validated by the end user
- There is a private label program where quality and/or performance is an important component
On each project, you’ll be on a team that looks at the business with independence and experience to find the best approach to a solution. You won’t sit on the sidelines, your work will not be left on a desk and you will not spend hours discussing theory. Your work will be directly tied to clients’ results. You will see the impact your work has on your clients’ bottom line.
You are immersed in all aspects of our end-to-end process. Help develop a plan to solve the clients’ problems. Interact with each involved party. Execute the analysis. Translate data into meaningful insights and recommendations. Move the client to action.
Along the way, you’ll learn to refine your interpersonal skills. This helps you to properly identify client needs, build deeper client relationships and gain consensus – all of which will make you a better leader.
Specific day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Support of testing initiatives
- Input into the proper user-based test protocol to use to ensure a meaningful, high integrity, output
- Quality control oversight of labs
- Data analysis and client storyline packaging
- Team, client, product manufacturers and/or test lab meetings
BS or BA required. Engineering degree preferred, but not a requirement if candidate has exceptional mechanical and analytical aptitude.
We are looking for people with exceptional analytical skills and a logical, linear thought process. Can you break down problems into smaller parts and then focus on gathering the right information to hit each issue? Are you comfortable being challenged regularly by new projects, understanding new products (how they work and what consumers value in them) and new situations?
We are also looking for:
We hire intelligent and driven individuals, with an emphasis on teamwork and trust. We enjoy working together. We are as energetic as we are pragmatic, down-to-earth and fun. At 4 th Strand, you will not only grow as an individual, but you will also build lasting relationships with your colleagues and clients.
- Problem solving abilities . Our service offering is all about helping clients overcome some of their most vexing business challenges. We look for candidates with the ability to frame complex problems, apply creative analytics and formulate pragmatic solutions.
- Results . 4 th Strand has a proud legacy of generating results that measurably impact the clients’ bottom line. In this spirit, we want to see that you have the potential to make a quantifiable difference in an organization’s success.
- Leadership . Do you have proven leadership experience? Whether through work, school or extracurricular activities, leadership frames your application in a favorable light, as do strong interpersonal and team skills.
- Passion . We look for candidates who show an enthusiasm for solving clients’ problems and delivering meaningful results and who focus on succeeding as individuals and as a part of a team, in and out of the office. Passionate people bring energy to 4 th Strand and client engagements and help both groups achieve extraordinary outcomes.
Intertek - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Intertek is a nosy nellie when it comes to product safety and international trade. The company, a leading provider of testing and inspection...