Jacobs Associates' Pasadena office is looking for an Associate with 10+ years of experience in geotechnical or structural engineering, with experience in the design of tunnels, trenchless pipeline installations, underground structures, excavation support systems, ground improvement, or tunnel rehabilitation methods.
Other qualities that are strongly desired but not required include:
- BS degree in Civil Engineering with geotechnical or structural emphasis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Project management experience and demonstrated experience in leading staff.
- The ability to work on multiple projects with a variety of staff.
- Experience with creating and maintaining detailed technical reports such geotechnical baseline reports.
- Ability to complete a variety of assignments, such as the development of drawings, specifications, and technical memoranda that present the basis of design.
- MS degree in Civil Engineering with geotechnical or structural emphasis.
- Demonstrated experience in soil mechanics, rock mechanics, engineering geology, geotechnical instrumentation, ground improvement, dewatering, soil-structure interaction, pipeline design, microtunneling, horizontal directional drilling, or construction engineering.
- Field experience
- Familiarity with numerical modeling software (Plaxis or FLAC).
- Experience using commercial scheduling software such as Primavera P3 and P6 and MS Project.
Jacobs Associates - 2 years ago