Org Marketing Statement
About Jones Lang LaSalle
Jones Lang LaSalle (NYSE: JLL) is a financial and professional services firm specializing in real estate. The firm offers integrated services delivered by expert teams worldwide to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying or investing in real estate. With 2011 global revenue of $3.6 billion, Jones Lang LaSalle serves clients in 70 countries from more than 1,000 locations worldwide, including 200 corporate offices. The firm is an industry leader in property and corporate facility management services, with a portfolio of approximately 2.1 billion square feet worldwide. LaSalle Investment Management, the company’s investment management business, is one of the world’s largest and most diverse in real estate with $47.7 billion of assets under management.
For further information, please visit our website, www.joneslanglasalle.com
The Real Estate Manager – Lease Renewals is responsible for completing negotiations and giving recommendations on all option renewals, consents, waivers, and securing landlord contributions and/or concessions. The total number of negotiations can range between 200-300 locations per year.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Renegotiate the business terms of all leases with option renewals to improve store profitability, secure additional option periods and strengthen other provisions or rights.
• Negotiate landlord contributions and/or remodeling concessions.
• Partner with Store Operations, Lease Administration and Maintenance to resolve any operating issues and incorporate into the renewal option renegotiations.
• Communicate proposed rent and/or other lease changes to management along with sound recommendations.
• Partner with Field Real Estate Managers to ensure relocations and recommendations are coordinated.
• Prepare monthly reports detailing rent/cost savings, additional option periods secured and other lease improvements.
• Work closely with multi-lease landlords on improving packages of leases in bundled negotiations. Leverage opportunities involving multiple stores, relocations and expansions. Recognize and link multiple negotiations together when needed or desired.
• Build and improve strong working relationships with landlords and shopping center management companies.
• Work closely with legal department to ensure all lease changes and agreements are properly reflected in lease amendments.
• Education: College degree; BA,BS in related field preferred
• Minimum 5 years experience with large corporate retailer and performing similar functions, tasks and negotiations.
• Solid experience in negotiating retail store leases and knowledge of lease terms, clauses and provisions.
• Proven negotiation skills and strong communication skills.
• Ability to relate to and negotiate with all types of landlords ranging from the small less sophisticated individuals up to the larger institutional or REIT owners.
• Strong financial analytical skills and experience with P&L reports.
• Strong computer skills including Outlook, Excel and Powerpoint.
• Must be detail oriented and experienced in having several dozen negotiations underway at all times.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Jones Lang LaSalle is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Jones Lang LaSalle is an equal opportunity employer and committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. Jones Lang LaSalle strongly believes in equal opportunity for all, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, pregnancy, family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran’s status, genetic information, or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, transfer, training, discipline, layoff, recall and termination.
Jones Lang LaSalle - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Jones Lang LaSalle provides real estate without borders. The company's services include commercial real estate brokerage, management,...