Based in our Washington, DC office, the associate will work with MG clients and the MG team to research, develop, implement, and evaluate strategies to advance positive, sustainable social change on a wide range of issues. We are open to considering early to mid-career consultants with general communications experience or specialization in any of the following areas: resource development, organizational development, and/or multicultural community engagement and communication.
This position is also responsible for actively participating in our new business development efforts in Washington, D.C. and across the country, including client prospect identification and cultivation, participation in proposal development, and other related activities.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Assisting project managers on projects for clients of Metropolitan Group
- Writing copy, reports, letters, press releases, grants, and other communications materials
- Assisting in providing community relations services, including message development, coalition partnerships, organizational communications, etc.
- Providing event support and coordination
- Assisting in sponsor outreach, media and client relations
- Marketing Metropolitan Group services, including preparations and presentation of proposals, statements of qualifications, marketing meetings, etc.
- Serving as a member of the Metropolitan Group creative team, providing ideas, input, and implementation
- Serving as a member of the MG team, providing assistance with miscellaneous projects, creative brainstorming, internal projects, and other duties necessary for the success of the organization
- Meeting an annual billable goal of 1,600 hours
- Three years of experience in agency or internal communications position
- Possess excellent writing and communication skills
- Demonstrated public relations experience
- Available to travel as needed
- Upbeat, creative, and positive with a professional demeanor
- Able to work as a team player and practice team-oriented problem solving
- Demonstrated excellent work ethic
- Provide top-notch professional services and expertise to clients while harnessing the talents of the team
- Team player with team-oriented problem solving skills
- Support and embody the organization’s values, goals, and operating principles
- Have an annual new business development goal commensurate with level
- Have an annual billable hour goal commensurate with level
Professional workload of 40 hours per week, as well as any additional time necessary dependent on client deadlines and internal projects.
8:45 a.m. to 5:45 p.m., Monday-Friday
Negotiable depending on experience, and commensurate with company salary structure
- Employer-paid medical/vision insurance on first of the month following employment.
- Dental insurance paid at 50 percent by employer on first of the month following employment.
- Life and long-term disability insurance plans available on the first of the month following employment.
- Ten paid vacation days per year after first 90 days of employment, plus one additional day accrued each year up to a total of 15 days additional vacation days; one spiritual day of your choice.
- Five days sick leave available per year, accruable up to 20 days.
- MG paid holidays off: New Year’s Day, MLK Jr. Day, President’s Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, day after Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
- Transportation allowance paid by employer.
- MG to reimburse for work related expenses (mileage at IRS rate).
- 401k retirement plan: You are eligible to participate in this program on the first calendar quarter after six-months of full-time employment. As a participant you may make tax-deferred contributions up to the maximum allowable amount into the plan. MG will make an annual contribution equal to three percent of your compensation while you are a participant in the plan.
- One month (30 days) paid sabbatical eligibility after each seven years of continuous employment.
- Professional development program.
- Charitable contribution match up to $100 per year.
- Incentive and bonus plan.
After 90-day trial period: annual formal review, periodic/informal reviews and “check-ins” as needed or requested by either party.
Professional office attire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Indeed - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -
About Metropolitan Group
Founded in 1989, Metropolitan Group is a full-service social change agency that works exclusively with public...