A Potbelly Associate’s job is to make our customers really happy. Since they are the primary point of customer contact, it is up to them to provide our customers an excellent experience by providing fast, friendly and efficient service and by delivering a quality and consistent product every time, in a clean and inviting environment. |
Other Key Functions:
- Demonstrates and reinforces Potbelly’s Behaviors and Values– Integrity, Food Loving, Teamwork, Accountability, Positive Energy, Coaching, Delivering Results through Execution, Building and Inspiring Teams, and Creating Potbelly “Fans”-- through all interactions.
- Ability to discuss Potbelly history with others.
- Prepare quality finished products (sandwiches, salads, soups, cookies, ice cream, etc.) efficiently per Potbelly recipe manual standards.
- Comply with health and safety standards for food, cleanliness and safety of shop.
- Maintain personal hygiene standards, including wearing clean Potbelly uniform.
- Comply with established food safety requirements and practices.
- Comply with shop security and safety standards.
- Be speedy and accurate in fulfilling orders.
- Handle raw and finished waste according to established procedures.
- Make customers really happy.
- Engage in friendly conversation with customers in line.
- Act with a sense of urgency toward all customers in the shop.
- Restock food line, chips and cooler.
- Work multiple stations (load, dress, shakes, cash, prep, front) as directed by Manager.
- Deliver catering orders as detailed in the Catering Driver and Delivery Agreement.
- Clean tables, counters, floors, bathrooms, kitchen and utensils; take out trash.
- Operate cash register: handle, balance and follow all cash handling procedures.
- Effectively handle customer complaints/issues.
- Take catering and delivery orders over the phone.
- Ability to stand/walk a minimum of 3 hours or as needed.
- Must be able to exert well-paced and frequent mobility for periods of up to 3 hours or as needed.
- Be able to lift up to 10 pounds frequently.
- Will frequently reach, feel, bend, stoop, carry, finely manipulate and key in data.
- Able to work in both warm and cool environments, indoors (95%) and outdoors (5%).
- Must be able to tolerate higher levels of noise from music, customer and employee traffic.
- Must be able to tolerate potential allergens: peanut products, egg, dairy, gluten, soy, seafood and shellfish.
Qualifications / Requirements:
Experience, Education and Behaviors
- Must represent Potbelly Advantage and Our Values.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Must be friendly and customer service-oriented.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Must possess neat and clean hygiene.
- Ability to handle a knife confidently.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and have a sense of urgency.
- Ability to work as a team-player.
- Ability to comprehend and communicate in English via verbal and written communication, such that employee can perform his or her job responsibilities.
- Must demonstrate leadership behaviors and values that align with Potbelly.